How to remove eclipse and go back to stock?

icedrake523

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have Eclipse installed but I don't really care for it and I'd like to go back to stock. I installed Eclipse through Bionic Bootstrap. Am I correct in assuming that to go back to stock, I would just have to place the 905 FXZ onto my SD Card, Reboot Recovery with Bootstrap, wipe the phone, then install the zip and reboot? Basically the same process as installing Eclipse but selecting the 905 zip instead of Eclipse zip.

I see RSD Lite mentioned a lot, I'm just not sure if that applies to my situation.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
icedrake523 said:
Hi everyone,

I have Eclipse installed but I don't really care for it and I'd like to go back to stock. I installed Eclipse through Bionic Bootstrap. Am I correct in assuming that to go back to stock, I would just have to place the 905 FXZ onto my SD Card, Reboot Recovery with Bootstrap, wipe the phone, then install the zip and reboot? Basically the same process as installing Eclipse but selecting the 905 zip instead of Eclipse zip.

I see RSD Lite mentioned a lot, I'm just not sure if that applies to my situation.

Thanks for your help

Did you make a backup of stock 905 thru bootstrap before you flashed eclipse?

icedrake523

Reaction score
Yep, I'm pretty sure I did Bootstrap Recovery after I installed Bootstrap.

deduct

Reaction score
icedrake523 said:
Yep, I'm pretty sure I did Bootstrap Recovery after I installed Bootstrap.

After you went into bootstrap recovery did you select backup/restore, and then backup?

deduct

Reaction score
Then that was just activating bootstrap and then going into bootstrap to flash rom. You are gonna have to fxz back to stock 905 with rsd lite. Ill send instructions. I recommend safe strap for flashing custom roms.

icedrake523

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I did create a system and data backup with Titanium Backup Pro immediately after I rooted my Bionic the first time if that's at all relevant.

deduct

Reaction score
icedrake523 said:
Ok, thanks. I did create a system and data backup with Titanium Backup Pro immediately after I rooted my Bionic the first time if that's at all relevant.

Well that's good for restoring apps and data after you flash a new rom or do a factory reset. I believe your only option now to get back to stock 905 would be to flash the 905 fxz thru rsd lite.

icedrake523

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help. I'll probably do this tomorrow since it's late. I'll definitely use SafeStrap, it sounds like the better option. I only went with Bootstrap since that was on the Eclipse website.

deduct

Reaction score
Okay. Cool. I love safe strap.much safer and quicker to use than bootstrap. If you want to flash ics leak after you are back to stock 905, I'd be happy yo help ya with that.

icedrake523

Reaction score
Sure, definitely. I doubt Verizon is ever going to release it anytime soon. The recent delay motivated me to root it a few days ago. Wish I did it a long time ago.

deduct

Reaction score
I hear ya. I believe there have been 10 leaks now. Ridiculous! I have been on leak 232 since it was found and am still loving it. Its smoother and more stable than Ginger bread has ever been.

icedrake523

Reaction score
That's good to hear. I was having some issues with my Bionic. Two weeks ago my battery was just dreadful. Charged it over night and 80 min during my commute to/from school and it'd still be at 20% when I went to bed when it'd usually be 40%. It also didn't seem like it was charging when I had it plugged into my computer, it was using just as much power as it was receiving. Going to the Verizon store to get that resolved was a horrendous experience. I'm done with them after my contract is up next year.

deduct

Reaction score
I understand that. I can't stand going into any phone carrier. Only thing they can do is sell phones. Ill never sign another contract.