EMERGENCY I got a probelm, bionic in loop with eclipse boot screen

mlfca

Reaction score
I flashed the Eclipse rom using Bootstrap and now my bionic just keeps looping the eclipse logo. I have clockwordrecovery installed and I made a backup. How to boot into clockwork so I can restore to my backup?

Thanks.

i2ollingstone

Reaction score
I flashed the Eclipse rom using Bootstrap and now my bionic just keeps looping the eclipse logo. I have clockwordrecovery installed and I made a backup. How to boot into clockwork so I can restore to my backup?

Thanks.

I believe your problem is that you can't have both Bootstrap and Safestrap installed. I'm no expert but I think once you pull your battery and reflash your backup make sure you uninstall bootstrap before you reinstall safestrap.

OP
mlfca

mlfca

Reaction score
Ok so I wiped but did not restore and Eclipse loaded dancedroid Now I have a few questions. I was using a rooted D1 and flashing new roms was as easy as going into rom manager and flashing. With the bionic can I still use Rom manager (I don't see any roms reloaded as I did with my D1)? It also looks like I cannot boot into Clockwork Recovery to do a quick restore if I screw something up?

If there is a how-to on this for the Bionic a link would be great. Thanks for your help

brewtus22

Reaction score
To install a ROM ,you need to do it in ClockWork Recovery. Safestrap and ClockWork Recovery are similar but work a little different from each other. I believe Safestrap is a modified version of ClockWork Recovery. You can only use one or the other at a time not together. I use Safestrap on my Bionic because if you reboot it automatically gives you the option to go back into recovery to fix any problems you might have. With Safestrap you don't have to have Bootstrap either.