How to register the birthday of a contact?

Pedrusco

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how can I add the birthday of a contact in the motoral razr? I cant find it anywhere, I know I can add it from google calendar but is here anyway to do it directly in the cellphone?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Could anyone tell me how can I add the birthday of a contact in the motoral razr? I cant find it anywhere, I know I can add it from google calendar but is here anyway to do it directly in the cellphone?

Looks like it's supported in ICS, under the individual contact in the edit section, then "Events", and then Birthday (also Anniversary, Other, & Custom). I don't know if it is supported in Gingerbread.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Unfortunately, motorola has missed this convenient feature on their phones. If you download go contacts from the market (google play), you will be able to add birthdays from the phone. From go contacts, select edit, go to "more" then expand "events"and you can add birthdays there. It will sync with your google address book.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
P

Pedrusco

Reaction score
Thank you for the answers guys. It`s a shame that motorola removed this basic function of the default contacts app. I have another question, when there is a birthday on the calendar, do I have to set an individual alarm for each birthday amd remember to do it every year? Is there any easier way to set these alarms to remind the birthdays?
Thank you.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
When you add a birthday to your contact it automatically includes it on your calendar and you will get a reminder for the birthday just as you would for an appointment that you added (unless you had notifications turned off in your calender).

Hope this helps.

OP
P

Pedrusco

Reaction score
So the calendar add automatically a notification for the birthdays? But it reminds me on the same day?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I actually get birthday reminders a day ahead which is probably because in settings I have default notifications at 2 hours so I am probably getting my notification reminder for birthdays 2 hours before the event... Which would be 2 hours before midnight.

WaltA

Reaction score
So the calendar add automatically a notification for the birthdays? But it reminds me on the same day?

At least for me, you have to go into Calendar, Menu, Calendars, and make sure that "Contact's Birthdays and events" is set to visible.