How to prepare for my Droid?

subaruwrx88011

Reaction score
Hello all,
Tomorrow I get my Motorola Droid in the mail. I have been searching the whole internet about how to prepare for the droid. I am google everything user, but I am going to question in a very general sense so others can reference the information. I personally plan on using this device as everything.

How should one prepare for a Droid phone before receiving it to make the switch as seamless as possible (contacts, music, videos, must have apps...)?

Leon

freshtodeath213

Reaction score
As for contacts, I was on a mac, so I exported my whole Address Book as Vcards and just dragged it into the SD Card. I think this works with outlook as well.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I was already using Gcal on my BlackBerry & I'm a Mac user too. I uploaded all my contacts into Mac Address book and then exported them as 1 large vcard. I then uploaded the vcard to Google Contacts (which was seamless BTW) and when I got the Droid set up, it synced everything automatically!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Build yourself an underground bunker like me....just incase the time comes when the Droids take over.

OP
subaruwrx88011

subaruwrx88011

Reaction score
Ok. I already imported all of contacts into gmail.

For all you new people.
1. Export your contacts (Outlook, Verizon Backup Assistant, Yahoo, etc) to vCard or .csv file
2. Log on to gmail.com with your user name and password
3. On the left hand side click Contacts
4. In the top left hand corner, click import.
5. Import your vCard or .csv file

You might have to merge some contacts together. Just checked 2 or more contacts, click Merge These x Contacts, Review the information and click OK.

So what about music. How did you guys convert, import, and then play all of your music on the droid? I use iTunes, and assume most people do.

Leon