1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do I prepare to switch rooted droid.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global Development' started by bizlady2011, Jun 24, 2011.

1. bizlady2011

bizlady2011 New Member

The charger port and casing is broken on my current Moto Droid Global. I have a brand new phone (same model) now through my insurance.

Since my current phone is rooted... what do I need to do in order to prepare for the switch:

What is the best back up?

How do I keep my apps?

I need a plan... please help... I am afraid to make the switch because I don't want to lose anything!
  2. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

Assuming you use Titanium Backup, you can just use your old SD card with the new phone, TB should recognize the backup folder on the SD card. If not, check under preferences, Backup settings, and Backup folder location. Hit detect, and the folder should pop up. Restart TB, and the backups of the apps should appear.
  3. WrightPC

WrightPC New Member

After you link your gmail account to the new phone it will start installing your apps the first time you open the market app. Your contacts should be synced to your gmail account and will restore as soon as the first sync completes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  4. Dfit18

Dfit18 New Member

Couldn't you also create a nanroid on your old phone, then take the sd card out, root your new phone then restore the previous back up?
  5. Snow02

Snow02 New Member

Yes. That is ideal for a replacement swap.
  6. Asphyx

Asphyx New Member

Yes do a nandroid but you should also backup everything on the SD card to a PC as well before you start.