How to prepare my Droid for being sold...

Reaction score
Yes I know I know, I hate to say it but I am selling my Droid, that's because I chose to get the HTC Incredible, I had my reasons for switching. Anyways let's keep this thread AWAY from the reasons of switching, no bashing, etc. I just want to know, how to prepare my Droid for being sold. I mean, I know I will have to do a hard factory wipe, I was wondering if there was anything else I needed to do (take it to VZW [I don't know why I would have to take it there before I sell it but it was a thought]), etc so that none of my information is on there.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Talk to it. Comfort it and reassure it. Let it know how much you will miss it and that it will find a new and happy home and someone to love it and care for it.

Reaction score
That and pocket the cash. If you took care of your droid it should go for a pretty high price on eBay.

Going from a very good phone to a very good phone if you asked me. Both have there selling points.

Question is the phone rooted or have any custom rom? If so I would flash it back to stock before I sold it myself.

OP
P
Reaction score
yeah it was rooted, flashed it back to stock and updated to 2.1, but im sure that won't matter once i do a factory reset right?

anything else im missing?

UggTheThug

Reaction score
before you ship it you need to switch your account so it points to the incredible and not the droid, or else your buyer wont be able to activate it

OP
P
Reaction score
okay i factored wiped the phone today, and i was curious about the activation process as i've never activated a phone myself. if i went ahead with the steps, what do they require you to do in order to activate your phone?

altjx

Reaction score
okay i factored wiped the phone today, and i was curious about the activation process as i've never activated a phone myself. if i went ahead with the steps, what do they require you to do in order to activate your phone?

I've thought of doing the same thing. I've called Verizon about this and they told me I'd need another phone (preferably old or cheap phone) to activate on my line, then factory wipe the Droid. That way the phone can be deactivated and wiped. If you don't have another phone to take over the line, you're probably gonna end up with that ETF.

OP
P
Reaction score
yeah i did the same too, spoke with vzw and said the same thing about factory wiping it once you have the new phone activated. i hope the next person enjoys the moto droid!