How-To on Inverting Vending.apk

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm slow sometimes.. :)

If you want to change that background, once you have the apk decompiled, go into the res/values folder and open up colors.xml and edit these...

<color name="header_background_light1">#ff7a7a7a</color>
<color name="header_background_medium1">#ff000000</color>
<color name="header_background_medium2">#ff0a0a0a</color>
<color name="header_background_medium3">#ff000000</color>
<color name="header_background_dark1">#ff808080</color>
<color name="header_background_dark2">#ff000000</color>
<color name="header_background_highlight1">#ff878787</color>
<color name="header_background_highlightTransparent1">#00a3a3a3</color>
<color name="header_background_highlight2">#ffa3a3a3</color>
<color name="header_background_highdark1">#ff969696</color>
<color name="header_background_highdarkTransparent1">#00a0a0a0</color>
<color name="header_background_highdark2">#ff0a0a0a</color>

That above is from "darkside" So, mostly black. The highlight's and highdarks are for the little slivers and such. The others control various sections of that "green" background you are wanting to change.

Lastly, in that code up there, there are NO SPACES.. for some reason, even though they are not there when I type this, they appear when I post it.

My suggestion to you, do what I did. Grab a piece of paper, write down the code for each one and make each one really different from each other. Like one code make purple, make one red, one black, one pink, etc... Then recompile and install and note which header changes what. Then, go back in and change them so they look like you want them to with the color(s) you want. No real need to mess with the two transparent ones.

That's good information you posted xkape. I'm jumping on the creative wagon with you guys. :)

decalex

Reaction score
haha.. I didn't even know their was an SDK emulator. :) So, on that, I dunno man. However.. if you can do that, please let me know because you don't even know how much time that would save not having to put on phone, reboot, install, check, repeat. Assuming it didn't bootloop my phone or lock it or nything else. SDK emulator.. man I will have to look into that!!!

I'll check it out. It's totally possible that I made it up :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is an emulator in SDK tools, but somebody has to convince me that they were able to get it to run like our Droids look, I sure couldn't :(...

Hey you guys are putting in astronomical amount of hours on this stuff x...wow :icon_eek: ... I wish I had one tebth of the drive you guys have with the inverting and whatnot...lol... you guys are truly proving your talents...congrats...;)

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1st of all.......................Bowers......................Thanks for all you have done!
Wouldn't have been able to get into theming without you!

Now.....wouldnt this be easier than inverting all these individual apk's?

Decompile framework-res.apk
Navigate to values/styles.xml
Change the light theme to reflect the black bg's with white texts
This would change the theming style SYSTEM WIDE
So any apk calling for the light theme, would in fact be pulling the black theme.
Everything on the phone would be inverted!
Just a thought!

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That won't work because apps sometimes pull from fw and sometimes they don't. By doing each app, you can control what happens. If you make a full system change, you will run into several issues.... that would probably turn into more trouble than just doing app by app.....

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That won't work because apps sometimes pull from fw and sometimes they don't. By doing each app, you can control what happens. If you make a full system change, you will run into several issues.... that would probably turn into more trouble than just doing app by app.....

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

Yes, I have noticed a few apk's that have their own specified theme in styles.
Didn't really think that one through!

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1st of all.......................Bowers......................Thanks for all you have done!

So any apk calling for the light theme, would in fact be pulling the black theme.
Just a thought!

Also by doing the app and signing it, non-root users can use it. A non-root user is not going to be able to use a modified framework. I know I put too much thought into things.

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Just a thought!

Also by doing the app and signing it, non-root users can use it. A non-root user is not going to be able to use a modified framework. I know I put too much thought into things.

A non-root user..........they still make those? Lol. Forgot all about that portion of the community! Great info!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank for this Bowers! You rock!

I know, he made it much easier for us didn't he??... that's why I always thank 'him' for the initial inversion...;)

MJ5150

Reaction score
If you want to change that background, once you have the apk decompiled, go into the res/values folder and open up colors.xml and edit these...

So I'm finally getting around to doing this on the new market.

I can't get APK Manager to work on my 64 bit Win7 PC, so I used 7Zip to extract the files from the apk. I can not find the res/values folder or the colors.xml. Do those only show up when I decompile with APK Manager?

-Mike

Last edited: