How to keep dirt out of screen...

Steve91T

Reaction score
For everyone who has replaced their cracked or damaged screen, who did you keep dirt out once it was back together? There must be some sort of seal that is damaged when replacing the screen. I've had mine apart twice now and both times, within a week or two, I start getting dirt on the inside of the screen. It's between the glass and LCD. It will even allow dog hair to get in.

Tonight I'm replacing the screen again and I want to keep this from happening.

I can't be the only one who has this problem.

Thanks,
Steve

OP
S

Steve91T

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. You guys are great.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm sorry we didn't have the answer you were looking for. Unfortunately, I'd venture to guess there are not that many people out there who have been in the same situation.

Hopefully you are able to figure something out or find the answer.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

OP
S

Steve91T

Reaction score
I have to disagree. There are so many people on this forum who are clearly built for this type of thing (very smart people). I know MANY people work on their phones themselves, just like I did. And if I'm having a problem with dirt getting inside the screen, I know others have the same problem. So, do all of these very smart people just deal with the dirt? No way, someone has to have a solution.

Well, who knows, maybe I'll be the first. I'll admit, I do all my maintenance on my cars/trucks, and I remodel houses, but working on my phone scares me. That's why I'm here, to get advice/tips from people on here who honestly know what they are doing. It's frustrating when I have to beg for help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I suppose its possible, personally I would never work on my phone but to each their own. I still say considering the nature of the question it may be difficult to garner many responses. However, I would be glad to be proven wrong as that would mean you get your answer from someone here.

If you do find out let us know as it would be great info to have.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

locofocos

Reaction score
I think you won't find many people who replaced their screen simply because so many Android devices are being built with Gorilla Glass. You might try blowing an air duster around the screen and in various ports. I left my Gameboy Advance SP out in the car when I was a kid. The colors were ruined, and Nintendo repaired it for me. If I remember, there was a lot of dust built up before, and it slowly came back afterwards too. I think some devices are built in a way that the gasket around the screen isn't very durable (or in some cases nonexistant). Not having replaced my screen or had a Droid X, all I can say is make sure everything is tight and very well seated when you reassemble it. You might consider a case of some type afterwards to stop the dust from entering in the first place.

drunkclever

Reaction score
Don't mean to highjack your thread but I got a problem removing dust from the speaker above the screen... I have tried to vacuum it out.. or blast it with air... and the darn thing does not come out.... so I took a sewing needle and lightly scraped the screen.. then vacuumed it out... all clean now

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2