Keeping the touch screen (or removable plastic) clean

masinick

Reaction score
I have found in using my Motorola Droid that it is vitally important to keep the touch screen and/or the clear plastic touch screen cover clean, without scratches, grease, or dirt. When my Droid was new, I was able to use it quite a bit with the same screen cover for quite a while, but recently I have gone through two plastic protection covers in order to keep the Droid responsive.

I am wondering if there is build up somewhere, so I removed the most recent cover and cleaned the glass surface. That helped, but the newest cover has gotten scratched in the first two weeks of use; I have one left before I have to get some more. Before replacing the most recent one, the Droid wasn't responding, especially to touches on the bottom left of the touch screen.

It's real important to keep the screen clear and viewable at all times.

TaubBaer

Reaction score
I am still using OG Droid almost 2 years, I don't use any screen protection cover with protect case. Yes, my Droid's body shows lot of dents, scratches, dirt BUT the screen is still perfect with no scratches. Almost every week, I wipe the screen clean with Wipe'n Clear (From Costco). Even with fingerprints, oil from fingers don't keep it from responding to touches.

Solution: Don't use the screen protections, they are useless.

OP
masinick

masinick

Reaction score
I am still using OG Droid almost 2 years, I don't use any screen protection cover with protect case. Yes, my Droid's body shows lot of dents, scratches, dirt BUT the screen is still perfect with no scratches. Almost every week, I wipe the screen clean with Wipe'n Clear (From Costco). Even with fingerprints, oil from fingers don't keep it from responding to touches.

Solution: Don't use the screen protections, they are useless.

Thanks! I will take your advice. I may in the future get something to protect the BODY of my device (but probably not THIS one, maybe the next unit. As far as screen protectors, they do seem to be a waste of time and money for me as well.

TaubBaer

Reaction score
There are many cases for OG Droid online. Remember they are in 2 pieces. One for bottom and one for top. Oh by the way, I always put my phone in my front pocket with keys.