How to get to Liberty 2.01 from cm7?

CP6608

Reaction score
Can someone provide a course path to return to liberty 2.01? Do I need to sbf? I wouldn't think since I am already on a froyo kernel and such. But I also don't want to screw anything up. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

You COULD try a wipe data/factory reset, followed by installing Liberty 2.0.1, but that probably won't work. You'll probably have to SBF.

The above instructions will get you to Liberty 2.0.1 with a slight modification. After skipping activation, rooting and bootstrapping, instead of installing the 2-part GB files and LGB 0.x, just install Liberty 2.0.1 and reboot.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should be able to wipe data/cache/dalvik and install over CM7

SSX v2.0

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I wouldnt be afraid to try just doing the factory/data reset and just installing it normally. I have been switching between froyo based ROMs and CM7 based ROMs pretty successfully since they have hit the scene.

As always I would be ready to SBF incase because you just never know.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
I wouldnt be afraid to try just doing the factory/data reset and just installing it normally. I have been switching between froyo based ROMs and CM7 based ROMs pretty successfully since they have hit the scene.

As always I would be ready to SBF incase because you just never know.

All good advice. The only way to really brick ur phone during a sbf is if there is a problem with the usb cable. But its very rare.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pcpimp

Reaction score
The cd option is the easiest way to sbf. Also about the usb cable I found that its important to use the one for your phone. I tried a different mini usb cable from a bb and had issues

Sent from my DROIDX