How to get the regular Motorola boot logo?

dez

Reaction score
I put the liberty Rom on my phone but i had made a backup before doing so and went back to the original stock rom but still have the liberty boot logo, i found the regular boot logo on here somewhere awhile ago but how do i go about getting rid of the liberty one and putting the original on? walking me through the steps would be much appreciated, im not very tech savy on this, still learning so please, as simple as possible ^_^

JBWhitley

Reaction score
Check in the /system/media folder for a file called bootanimation.bak

I have uploaded the original file. You will need to rename the file bootanimation.zip (drop the orig)

I hope this helps. I am not familiar with Liberty (as I am only rooted, not rom'd)

I use swiFTP as Droid FTP server and it allows root access.

turdbogls

Reaction score
that is the bootanimation not the boot logo (which is the moto symbol b4 the animation)

OP the easiest way to do this IMO is download an app called boot logo changer lite (free) and there is an option to flash the stock moto logo. once flashed, you can delete the app if you want to.

edit, seems the lite version was taken down and replaced by a 99 cent app. you can still DL it, flash it and refund in the 15 minute time window.

Last edited:

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Go to the sticky in the droid x hacks forum called [Custom Bootlogos Finished] or click in my sig, there are many bootlogos, as well as the stock M logo. Real easy. Be sure to read original post for directions and whatnot,