liberty bootlogo help

eriscrazy

Reaction score
how do i get rid of the liberty boot logo when my phone reboots? i restored my stock backup and i still have the liberty bootlogo on start up how do i fix this?

P.S scratch this i figured it out!

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do i get rid of the liberty boot logo when my phone reboots? i restored my stock backup and i still have the liberty bootlogo on start up how do i fix this?

P.S scratch this i figured it out!

How did you do it? I too have the same issue, after I installed Liberty, it was buggy and not working properly, and so I had to SBF back to stock and restore my Nandroid backup and even after wiping he cache and doing a hard data reset the Liberty logo is still there at startup...

jsw6380a

Reaction score
It will stay there. You will have to go back into liberty and change it back to the stock bootlogo and then restore your backup.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
If you are looking to install a backup that is the only way you can do it. If you don't mind going back to out of the box settings you can maderstock back to .340. Or if you are feeling frisky you can SBF and start over.. I would just go back into Liberty and in the toolbox go to boologos and switch back and that should work out fine. :icon_ banana:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to install a backup that is the only way you can do it. If you don't mind going back to out of the box settings you can maderstock back to .340. Or if you are feeling frisky you can SBF and start over.. I would just go back into Liberty and in the toolbox go to boologos and switch back and that should work out fine. :icon_ banana:

After all the hell I went through with Liberty, I am not going to spend 3 hours doing that all over again. LOL

I have the Maderstock file on my SD card, if I have to take the phone in, I will just use the standard boot loader thingie and flash it to that, log into my Google Account and let it restore my apps and things from there.

HayWire

Reaction score

After all the hell I went through with Liberty, I am not going to spend 3 hours doing that all over again. LOL

I have the Maderstock file on my SD card, if I have to take the phone in, I will just use the standard boot loader thingie and flash it to that, log into my Google Account and let it restore my apps and things from there.

Mind me asking what went wrong in liberty?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Clunky, sluggish, and the Home button on my phone did not work at all. it also took forever to boot up.

I followed the instructions exactly, but in the end I just ended up wasting an evening trying to get my phone back to normal.

At the end of the day, I need my phone working 100%. I can't be without it, as it is the only phone line that I have. If I want to mess around with customization or try different OS's, I can do that on my PC. If that crashes, it is not a big deal if it takes me awhile to reformat and install the OS, as I have the phone and a laptop as backup.

But if my phone goes down, I am in a bit of a bind. The advantages of having a nicer looking UI and minimal performance gains, just aren't worth the risk or hassle, that's all...

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
View attachment 27269
flash this in clockworkmod recovery that will fix it... oh and do a backup first!

and just to be on the record saying i did not have any problem with liberty. i just wanted to try out some other roms like darkslide and apex.

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
View attachment 27269
flash this in clockworkmod recovery that will fix it... oh and do a backup first!

and just to be on the record saying i did not have any problem with liberty. i just wanted to try out some other roms like darkslide and apex.

Do I have to name it anything specific, or place it in a particular folder on the SD card?

HayWire

Reaction score

Clunky, sluggish, and the Home button on my phone did not work at all. it also took forever to boot up.

I followed the instructions exactly, but in the end I just ended up wasting an evening trying to get my phone back to normal.

At the end of the day, I need my phone working 100%. I can't be without it, as it is the only phone line that I have. If I want to mess around with customization or try different OS's, I can do that on my PC. If that crashes, it is not a big deal if it takes me awhile to reformat and install the OS, as I have the phone and a laptop as backup.

But if my phone goes down, I am in a bit of a bind. The advantages of having a nicer looking UI and minimal performance gains, just aren't worth the risk or hassle, that's all...

That stinks but I know what you mean about having a phone. I didnt follow directions when I first flashed it and got stuck the boot loader but the forum got me going again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean if it was a simple procedure, it might be worth it to me.

But as I spent many hours trying to restore my phone, I considered things... All the Rom does is give me some skins and icons and things. Eye candy is nice, but not if it trashes your phone. It removes bloat, but I did that already with the stock OS and root.

And the downside is that if the phone is your only link to the outside world(LOL), it is a problem if you brick it.

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
View attachment 27269

Do I have to name it anything specific, or place it in a particular folder on the SD card?

Nope just flash it in clockwork

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now, I just want to truly return my phone to stock. But when I use RSDLite, and flash the phone, I reboot and the phone still has my apps and settings. When I use Bootstrap Recovery and installed the Madrorstoc340 or whatever that file is, I reboot and while it reinstalls all the bloat that I had deleted, the system still has all my apps and settings.

How do I do a true, 100%, complete and utter wipe of the phone that will format the device and reinstall the original files and guarantee that any clutter or corrupt files are deleted and reinstalled?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before installing maderstcok zip wipe data and cache then install the zip. If after an SBF, boot into stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset.