Can't get rid of the Liberty boot logo?

B

budmonster

I had to go back to stock, so I went into recovery and selected my backup I made after I first rooted. After my phone completes the restore, the "Liberty" boot logo is still there even though I'm not using the ROM, I'm back on stock w/ root. It goes from the Liberty logo to the Droid eye animation. How do I remove the Liberty logo and get the Motorola logo back? I don't know why the Liberty logo would even be there still?

Thanks for putting up with all my questions, LOL.

BUD

Carpatus

Reaction score
I had to go back to stock, so I went into recovery and selected my backup I made after I first rooted. After my phone completes the restore, the "Liberty" boot logo is still there even though I'm not using the ROM, I'm back on stock w/ root. It goes from the Liberty logo to the Droid eye animation. How do I remove the Liberty logo and get the Motorola logo back? I don't know why the Liberty logo would even be there still?

Thanks for putting up with all my questions, LOL.

BUD

The easiest way would be to use one of jrummy's apps to change the boot logo back to stock. Liberty toolbox has that option in it. If you made a backup of Liberty, just restore to it for a minute, change the logo, then restore back to stock.

OP
J

Johnly

Sounds like a dirty (unwiped the data cache)...

Carpatus

Reaction score
Sounds like a dirty (unwiped the data cache)...

No, even if data is wiped, a boot logo change will remain. The only ways to change it is to flash a room that changes it, use an app that changes it, or sbf. I guess you could change it yourself if you knew where the file was.

OP
B

budmonster

I never changed my boot logo, when I flashed Liberty rom it changed my logo...

What app will change it? I have Jrummys OC app but I don't see anything about changing the boot logo in it? Liberty Toolbox does have the option to switch boot logos but the app only works if your on that ROM I believe.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

BTW, I wiped everything! Data, system, cache, etc. For some reason I Couldn't wipe "boot" from the recovery, it wouldn't let me, just gave me an error? Also, I don't have a backup for the Liberty Rom...

Carpatus

Reaction score
I never changed my boot logo, when I flashed Liberty rom it changed my logo...

What app will change it? I have Jrummys OC app but I don't see anything about changing the boot logo in it? Liberty Toolbox does have the option to switch boot logos but the app only works if your on that ROM I believe.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

BTW, I wiped everything! Data, system, cache, etc. For some reason I Couldn't wipe "boot" from the recovery, it wouldn't let me, just gave me an error? Also, I don't have a backup for the Liberty Rom...

Yeah, the ROM is supposed to do that. Also, yeah, Liberty toolbox only works on the Liberty ROM. That's why I said if you made a backup of the ROM when it was on your phone to restore to that backup, change the logo, then restore back. Other than that, jrummy has an app in the market that will change to boot logo. It costs .99 though so it just depends if you want to spend the money.

kdkinc

Reaction score
Try from the Market "Boot Logo Changer" from Team BlackHat.
Well worth the $.99 and works on all the Rom's ive used many Logo's to choose from for later use.
It will fix you up in two minutes.