How to get new Android Market

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
So I watched a video of the new Market on Android and the guy said that you could download the new market now via -

New Android Market Walkthrough (Video)

And i went to the APK link they had there but I don't know what to do from there. I went to it on my iMac, should I have gone to it on my phone or just how do I download it? Help, please.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I watched a video of the new Market on Android and the guy said that you could download the new market now via -

And i went to the APK link they had there but I don't know what to do from there. I went to it on my iMac, should I have gone to it on my phone or just how do I download it? Help, please.

Hi Kuzdroid. I have an iMac too. Here's what you do: Mount your phone to your imac. Drop the .apk file on the SD card. I'm assuming here that you have a file manager like Astro or Linda. Use that to install the file. It's very easy.

turdbogls

Reaction score

if you DL the .apk from the computer, just move it to the phones SD card. or you can just DL form the phone and skip that step.

find the .apk on your phone,
click on it, and install it.
and enjoy.
i thought you may have to get it in the system/app folder but according to Droid-life, you just have to follow the steps above. will be downloading it now and giving it a shot.

cjv1982

Reaction score
Anybody else getting force closes?

Sent from my Droid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
mine works flawlessly. I sent the apk to my friend who has a Droid he says it works flawlessly as well

dcook12

Reaction score
mine works flawlessly. I sent the apk to my friend who has a Droid he says it works flawlessly as well

No problems here. I copied it to my download file /Under sdcard because that was where I saw the apk files. Looking at the other posts it doesn't seem to matter where you put it as long as it is on the card which is good to know. Just easier for me to find from Astro....Like the new look..

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I copied it to my SD card and opened it with Astro but it keeps telling me it failed to install. What am I missing? I'm on the original Droid.

SocalMike

Reaction score
Is that the only way to get it or will it update on it own ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Downloaded the "vending.apk" file to my droid 2 and installed it and it seems to be working ok. Really cool how it works with the revolving stuff at the top. My droid 2 is "not" rooted. Now time to play with it. :)

OP
Kuzdroid

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
Well it wasn't really working for me on my iMac, so i tried doing it on my phone and it worked very well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App