How to get new Android Market

AlexSB

Reaction score
Yea nothing but force closes, unrooted d2. Anyone have the old market apk or anyway to get it back? If I uninstall will it revert to the old market or will I be marketless?

turdbogls

Reaction score
I heard there are problems with this on Bugless Beast ROM's, and also CM ROM's....i think i saw problems with UD as well.

FWIW, it installed and worked Fine on my Apex'd DX....had a weird issue last night where it reverted to a Black market (just like stock market except everything was black), but it Forced Closed on me and went back to the new market.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea nothing but force closes, unrooted d2. Anyone have the old market apk or anyway to get it back? If I uninstall will it revert to the old market or will I be marketless?

I would guess that you won't have a market. However a Factory Data reset may provide you with the old Market.

Your wise choice would be to go to you settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/Market and delete data and cache. See if this doesn't help the new Market work for you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also FWIW I'm rooted but I do not run a custom ROM and I have zero issues with the new Market.

hogowner

Reaction score
I just installed the new market apk. I have a Droid 1 and rooted with Chevy SS 4.9 It works like a charm!!! Very fast!