How to get DroidX back to how it was yesterday, before the FORCED UPDATE?

Davidd31415

Reaction score
How can I revert my DroidX back to the operating system it was running a few days ago? I just received a forced-update and now it is rebooting just about every time I pick it up. It has become almost completely unusable.

I can manage to root the phone- I haven't done it yet but now I feel that I have the reason I need. I just need to know how to change back to the older operating system (where to download the files, how to load it, what the caveats are, etc.).

Is it possible to downgrade to the older version in a similar way that it was upgraded (i.e. no need to factory reset, reinstall all apps, etc)?

I'm hoping I can get this done in less time than a factory reset- I just had to factory reset a few weeks ago and I lost days of time. I already switched back to my BlackBerry Curve because I need a device to use while this thing is down for the count (again).

Thanks for any help,

David

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not totally positive so there may still be hope but I think the update was not backwards compatible. I could be wrong but I thought I heard that. If this is the case then you could try a factory data reset or root and use a custom rom to get some stability back.

tappin and a talkin

Dustin.

Reaction score
If you did the OTA and didn't have a nandroid of. 320 then your stuck there my friend.. Best bet would be to root, bootstrap, and install a custom rom. Or take it back to the store and get a new one due to "faulty" equipment..

Sent from my DROID X.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would have a Verizon store reflash the new update. You got a bad download or install.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

joker402

Reaction score
If you were on .320 then that is probly the problem. A factory data reset is your best bet if you werent on the .320 and you were on the .315

OP
D

Davidd31415

Reaction score
Thanks all.

Once I root is it possible to turn off these automatic OTA updates?

After factory resetting, what is the quickest way for me to get all apps back? Restoring launcher pro screen configs and adding all email accounts back in (once for k9 and again for executive assistant) would be nice to speed up too.

Seems like it would be a lot easier to do those things on a computer, if the right interface was available.