How to Flash Back to 2.1 for the OTA 2.2

makaveliq3

Reaction score
Hey guy i did the froyo leak update and have had a pretty good time with it (minus my world war account going poop after I had to do a factory reset)

I want to go back to 2.1 for the OTA update but I'm not really sure how the SBF flash works. I've look at some instructions but I'm not 100% sure how this works. Are there any good walk thrus or video walk thrus you guys would recommend?

P.S I miss World War.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Pm me if you have any specific questions bro, and I'll try to help you. I followed the guide in the above link and didn't have any problems.

OP
M

makaveliq3

Reaction score
Thanks man. I almost want to get one ofbyou guys on my vent sometime and talk me through it cuz there is a couple things im confused about.
Rsdlite- this goes on my computer or my droid?
Is the sbf zip unzipped on my computer or phone?
The way i read it is all that goes.on yourcomputer then you put your phone into bootloader and click the start button on the computer.
i prob coulda figured this out but i wasnt 100% sure and i just want to be super careful since i dont want to brick my phone and fight to get it replaced via insurance. You guys are awesome im on these forums all the time. Great community.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Yup, RSD lite on your windows computer. Copy over the file it tells you to copy. Unzip sbf to a folder on your windows computer. Put X in bootloader, connect, and flash!

You will have to boot into recovery and clear data and cache. Then reboot and you're good to go.

SoxFan894

Reaction score
When do i connect the phone to the computer? Before or after it loads into bootloader?

droidxep

Reaction score
make sure you reboot in recovery and wipe your phone. You be stuck in bootloop if you dont. found that out the hard way last night

luv2increase

Reaction score
If you are rooted on 2.2, the smart thing to do is just wait for maybe one or two days after the official 2.2 OTA is released for a custom ROM with the official kernel. That is what Im doing. Im going straight from the leaked 2.2 to the official 2.2 ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ggaabe

Reaction score
uhh, how am I supposed to open the "unzipped" file if RSD lite doesn't give you the option to open .zip?

luv2increase

Reaction score
uhh, how am I supposed to open the "unzipped" file if RSD lite doesn't give you the option to open .zip?

I think you meant "zipped" file. Use 7-zip on ur PC or its built in unzipping capability which is accessible via the context menu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ggaabe

Reaction score
Uh oh. My start button is greyed out. How do I select it??