Going back to 2.1 for OTA?

cincycats51

Reaction score
Im pretty sure I remember reading on one of the main page topics that Droid X users need to go back to stock to get the OTA. Now this wont be a problem for those who have root, because they can just backup and do their thing. For those like me, who upgraded to the leaked 2.2 WITHOUT doing root, we are kind of SOL because the only way to get back to stock 2.1 is factory reset correct? I dont want to lose all my stuff... :(

Xpain

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat...
I won't get the official update unless it's absolutely better and it has more features than the leaked one, since I have 0 issues with it.

ggaabe

Reaction score
Im pretty sure I remember reading on one of the main page topics that Droid X users need to go back to stock to get the OTA. Now this wont be a problem for those who have root, because they can just backup and do their thing. For those like me, who upgraded to the leaked 2.2 WITHOUT doing root, we are kind of SOL because the only way to get back to stock 2.1 is factory reset correct? I dont want to lose all my stuff... :(

well, a factory data reset just makes you lose all your stuff. it doesnt make you go back to 2.1 going back is much harder.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
only one way to get back to 2.1 - FLASH THE SBF

OP
C

cincycats51

Reaction score
And how is that done? I am a nooby, which is why I refuse to root. Dont want to screw anything up too bad...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And how is that done? I am a nooby, which is why I refuse to root. Dont want to screw anything up too bad...

head over to rootzwiki to see how its done. its even hosting the SBF there

OP
C

cincycats51

Reaction score
So this wipes the phone right? There is no way without root to go back to 2.1 without losing everything?