Flash back to 2.1?

qwiktune

Reaction score
Can someone lead me to the files and walk through I need to flash my Fascinate back to 2.1 from the Froyo update. I'm not sure what files or Odin i need to do this. I'm having an issue with my 3G disappearing and dropping since going to the OTA froyo and never had problems with it on 2.1 so i'm trying to go back to stock unrooted 2.1, maybe even try to goto Froyo again [maybe something got corrupted or something]. Before i got about getting a new one, i'd like to see if I can flash back to 2.1 and get it working again.

OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score
To get back to 2.1 you have to use odin. Apply the DL09 odin file from this thread [Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly - xda-developers and you will be back to 2.1 stock. You will probably be prompted to update, however.

I assume I dont need that EA28 and ED01 file right? Just that first file?...and where do I get Odin at? I have Odin3 v1.3, is this ok to use? I'm new to this stuff so Im not sure if you need a specific Odin

hoppermi

Reaction score
To get back to 2.1 you have to use odin. Apply the DL09 odin file from this thread [Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly - xda-developers and you will be back to 2.1 stock. You will probably be prompted to update, however.

I assume I dont need that EA28 and ED01 file right? Just that first file?...and where do I get Odin at? I have Odin3 v1.3, is this ok to use? I'm new to this stuff so Im not sure if you need a specific Odin

Yes, odin 1.3 should be fine. Its what I use. If you have the drivers installed, you should be good to go. Turn off the phone and remove battery hold volume down and insert usb cable to phone this should put the phone in download mode. Start odin and you should see a yellow box near the top letting you know that you are connected. select pda and navigate to the dl09 file then press start. When its done, put the battery back in and boot up. You will back to 2.1

Sent from MIUI Fascinate

OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score
Yes, odin 1.3 should be fine. Its what I use. If you have the drivers installed, you should be good to go. Turn off the phone and remove battery hold volume down and insert usb cable to phone this should put the phone in download mode. Start odin and you should see a yellow box near the top letting you know that you are connected. select pda and navigate to the dl09 file then press start. When its done, put the battery back in and boot up. You will back to 2.1

Sent from MIUI Fascinate

I never downloaded any drivers? I just have the "Odin3 v1.3.exe" and "DL09.tar.md5"...where can i get these drivers? Also, well this erase everything on my phone?

hoppermi

Reaction score

Sent from MIUI Fascinate

I never downloaded any drivers? I just have the "Odin3 v1.3.exe" and "DL09.tar.md5"...where can i get these drivers? Also, well this erase everything on my phone?

Sounds like you need to read up on this a bit more, or just take your phone to a service center, since its not rooted. I'm sure a search of this forum or xda or google will produce the drivers. Yes odin wipes your phone.

Never do anything you are not comfortable with.

Sent from MIUI Fascinate

OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to read up on this a bit more, or just take your phone to a service center, since its not rooted. I'm sure a search of this forum or xda or google will produce the drivers. Yes odin wipes your phone.

Sent from MIUI Fascinate

Thats why im asking to be directed on where to go, im pretty tech savvy so its not really a question of comfort, just where to get started. I took it to verizon, i have no warrenty or anything and they had 2/3 techs look at my phone and they cant figure out why my 3G keeps disappearing and dropping service and it never did that before i updated to Froyo, and i've already try a hard reset and everything else. My only options here are to revert back and see if froyo is the issue or get a new one

hoppermi

Reaction score

Sent from MIUI Fascinate

Thats why im asking to be directed on where to go, im pretty tech savvy so its not really a question of comfort, just where to get started. I took it to verizon, i have no warrenty or anything and they had 2/3 techs look at my phone and they cant figure out why my 3G keeps disappearing and dropping service and it never did that before i updated to Froyo, and i've already try a hard reset and everything else. My only options here are to revert back and see if froyo is the issue or get a new one

Ok. I back at a computer. Here is a thread that has everything you should need to odin dl09. Ignore the title and the other froyo odin files. It has the drivers and instructions for using odin.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score

Sent from MIUI Fascinate

Ok. I back at a computer. Here is a thread that has everything you should need to odin dl09. Ignore the title and the other froyo odin files. It has the drivers and instructions for using odin.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

Yeah i figured it out, it was very easy and i'm back on 2.1, unfortunately Froyo must have done something permanent to my hardware bcuz the 3G is still disappearing and dropping. I dont understand it, it worked PERFECT before i updated and now no matter what I do its messed up. Looks like i'm going to have to get myself a new one =[

Reaction score
I am having same issue. With 3g dropping no bars on standby.to full bars when on the phone. My wife has same phone and hers has full bars still. Tech support told me that Verizon is working on there 4g towers. That is why. I don't believe a word they say though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums