Questions for the knowledgable

Sport

Reaction score
Greetings,

First off: Admins, could you please delete the thread 'Question for Tapout27' please.

OK, back to the regular scheduled program. :)

I know these are newbie/ignorant questions, but I'm just looking to be certain.

I have a completely stock Fascinate (2.1) and would like to update to Froyo. I've read your threads a number of times and feel fairly confident about doing this but wanted to ask several more questions. Would you mind humoring me for a bit? :)

1. Can I take my fully stock Fascinate and root directly to Froyo 2.9?
  2. I'm assuming your latest Froyo package (superclean v. 2.9 Found here) still wipes ALL data from phone...yes?
  3. For precautionary reasons, do you suggest backing up 2.1? If so, what do you use?
  4. Since Ti may put the phone to permenant sleep, what do you suggest for backing up apps?
  5. I have several un-purchased apps that have data not currently backed up (i.e. 'acar' for gas mileage). Yes, I will eventually purchase; but, will backup apps like Ti backup the data along with the app?
  6. What are the main differences between EB16SC29 and EB16SC29x? Does the 'x' mean that NO data will be wiped during ANY part of this process?
I'll continue researching for a better understanding, but would really appreciate if you could help clarify the above points.

...and a big hardy thanks to TAPOUT27 for your time! Your efforts here are greatly appreciated and respected.

Rick

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Greetings,

First off: Admins, could you please delete the thread 'Question for Tapout27' please.

OK, back to the regular scheduled program. :)

I know these are newbie/ignorant questions, but I'm just looking to be certain.

I have a completely stock Fascinate (2.1) and would like to update to Froyo. I've read your threads a number of times and feel fairly confident about doing this but wanted to ask several more questions. Would you mind humoring me for a bit? :)

1. Can I take my fully stock Fascinate and root directly to Froyo 2.9?
  2. I'm assuming your latest Froyo package (superclean v. 2.9 Found here) still wipes ALL data from phone...yes?
  3. For precautionary reasons, do you suggest backing up 2.1? If so, what do you use?
  4. Since Ti may put the phone to permenant sleep, what do you suggest for backing up apps?
  5. I have several un-purchased apps that have data not currently backed up (i.e. 'acar' for gas mileage). Yes, I will eventually purchase; but, will backup apps like Ti backup the data along with the app?
  6. What are the main differences between EB16SC29 and EB16SC29x? Does the 'x' mean that NO data will be wiped during ANY part of this process?
I'll continue researching for a better understanding, but would really appreciate if you could help clarify the above points.

...and a big hardy thanks to TAPOUT27 for your time! Your efforts here are greatly appreciated and respected.

Rick

I use backup pro for keeping data on my apps. Works the same at ti but I like the other by preference. It will wipe data and you start at the beginning. ship everything and go into market first before doing contacts though. I never did backup 2.1 because I wanted to start over.

sc 2.9v
midnight theme

OP
S

Sport

Reaction score
Gotta claim ignorance...To which Backup Pro are you referring?
Titanium, My Backup Pro, or something else?

My droid serves me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gotta claim ignorance...To which Backup Pro are you referring?
Titanium, My Backup Pro, or something else?

My droid serves me.

MyBackUpPro.... that is the app name.... Titanium Backup is a separate application.

I recc. MyBackUpPro as well.

... also moved thread out of development area as it's more of a set of general questions... and to get you more visibility to answer your questions :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd answer your questions but they're device specific and unfortunately I know nothing about the Fascinate :(

some things I can offer however...

ALWAYS make backups... at each step in the process, it'll save you SO many headaches should a problem arise. It's a great habit to get into :)

usually only a factory reset will wipe all data from your device (requiring you to re-sign into your google account)

MyBackUpPro will back up both the .apk for the app and the data (provided you select to back up data)

OP
S

Sport

Reaction score
Ah..understand.

Yes, I knew that Ti is a separate program. After a quick search on the Market I saw several different "Backup Pro" apps.
Maybe I should have prefaced it with the app creator.

There has been some issue with Ti and Froyo for Fascinate. Just want to find the best one.

My droid serves me.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Check out the odin packages for eb01, they work sweet and sooo easy. You can go stock eb01, debloated, or superclean. Roots you at the same time also.

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate