Preparing for Froyo

KeepItReal

Reaction score
What will everyone do to prepare for Froyo? When I had my Droid Eris, I backed up/synced everything, formatted the SD card, performed Factory Reset and THEN installed the 2.1 update. I had zero problems with my Eris, while everyone seemed to have issues after the update. I plan on doing the same for Froyo on my Fascinate.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What will everyone do to prepare for Froyo? When I had my Droid Eris, I backed up/synced everything, formatted the SD card, performed Factory Reset and THEN installed the 2.1 update. I had zero problems with my Eris, while everyone seemed to have issues after the update. I plan on doing the same for Froyo on my Fascinate.

How are you getting the update? Well, it doesn't matter whether you install it yourself or get it OTA, none of that stuff is necessary.

You have to remember that the only people who post are people who have issues. The vast majority of people who update either OTA or obtain the file some how and install it don't have any issue. I've done all kinds of updates with my Droid 1 and D2 and never had an issue. I just don't start a thread and say, I got my update, I didn't have any issues.

ziggy484

Reaction score

How are you getting the update? Well, it doesn't matter whether you install it yourself or get it OTA, none of that stuff is necessary.

You have to remember that the only people who post are people who have issues. The vast majority of people who update either OTA or obtain the file some how and install it don't have any issue. I've done all kinds of updates with my Droid 1 and D2 and never had an issue. I just don't start a thread and say, I got my update, I didn't have any issues.

I agree with that, and anyone that REALLY wants froyo is already running it... eb01 is sweeeeet!

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

Jamis0n

Reaction score

I agree with that, and anyone that REALLY wants froyo is already running it... eb01 is sweeeeet!

+1
rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

MissDixie256

Reaction score
I would love to be running Froyo due to ability to use Flash player to watch my TV shows on my phone since I spend a lot of time in the hospital with my elderly grandmother.

I am just afraid I don't know enough about the thing to actually DO the Rooting thing and screwing up my phone!

fishmstr

Reaction score
Hopefully tomorrow you won't have to worry about rooting to get it. But rumors are rumors, I'll believe the OTA update when I see it.

MissDixie256

Reaction score
Verizon sent me this phone on the promise from their technical support warranty replacement section that this phone would do video and would support FLASH! Since I can only view about 1 in 40 videos on Youtube and very few other ones, I am HOPING that with the new updates will bring something better out!

OP
KeepItReal

KeepItReal

Reaction score
MissDixie, that was a nice response in the' Samsung Fascinate Discussion' board. I too honor my contract with Verizon by not rooting as well. Since I will be getting the standard OTA for 2.2 (when it is released..lol), I was trying to say how I plan on preparing the phone before I get the major update. I take the phone back to it's most pristine state with no extra code from roots, homes, and launchers in the way. I read these forums alot, and see and read of systems rendered unusable after rooting, wondering how many are getting returned to verizon. If those are not problems, I don't know what is. The rooters act like they own these forums. The forums are for everyone!

MissDixie256

Reaction score
I have gotten nothing but first rate answers and suggestions from rooted and unrooted members alike. If bigred does not quickly come out with froyo I will be looking into rooting. I cannot see paying 30 extra bucks as month to be limited on what I can and cannot view on my phone.

ziggy484

Reaction score
MissDixie, that was a nice response in the' Samsung Fascinate Discussion' board. I too honor my contract with Verizon by not rooting as well. Since I will be getting the standard OTA for 2.2 (when it is released..lol), I was trying to say how I plan on preparing the phone before I get the major update. I take the phone back to it's most pristine state with no extra code from roots, homes, and launchers in the way. I read these forums alot, and see and read of systems rendered unusable after rooting, wondering how many are getting returned to verizon. If those are not problems, I don't know what is. The rooters act like they own these forums. The forums are for everyone!

Android phones are meant to he rooted, if not you might as well get an iphone. But i agree, if you screw up your phone doing it you dont deserve to just get a replacement. Too many people soft brick their phone and immediately return it instead of putting in the research to fix it. But... verizon isnt helping by not checking any of these returned phones, if it was known that they would catch you people wouldnt be so quick to return a rooted/rommed phone