HOW-TO: Get 2.1 on your Milestone!

eug

Reaction score
Are they based on pre-release or final ROMs?
I'm deciding between installing these, or the official HK sbf... it'd be nice to have everything already done though. :)

nyogtha

Reaction score
The stock-rom you've linked to is not stock, it has lots of custom stuff and is missing at least corporate calendar and mail. FYI.

This looks like a clean version (from the roms wanted thread you linked to):

BbcRS 2.1-1 (SHOLS_U2.02.28.0) (rooted) from DAGr8 (completely stock except for root)
megaupload.com

Anyway, thanks for the instructions :) Everything worked great once I found the correct rom for my use.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just downloaded The Solutor's version of 2.1 and i love it. I wish I could have the 2.1 launcher though. Does anyone know if its possible to use The Solutor's version of 2.1 but keep the 2.1 launcher?

Reaction score
The Stock (Thanks DaGr8) and the Modded (Thanks The Solutor) are the EXACT same link! What happened their? Could someone please fix this so i could get a rooted stock 2.1.

Reaction score
One more question: Why don't any of the 2.1 Nandroid Backup's back the 2.1 launcher? They just show the 2.0.1 launcher with 5 screens.

HrKasper

Reaction score

Modded (Thanks The Solutor)
-Email and Gmail removed K9 email is preinstalled.

I've installed the above mentioned modded version of Android 2.1.

It works fine and I really like the apps in the mod - except I really miss the good old Gmail client. How can I install that in this current mod?

PS: If any danes should be reading along I haven't encountered any problems with connection to the mobile network or anything, so the mod should be just fine to install it on your unit.

fatkimi

Reaction score
iam already follow all instruction... but the part i dont understand ... after plugin, on with hold power and camera button.... release ... and push camera button and volue up... boot menu coming..

format and swipe... all done...

now the sync with pc part iam donno how to mke it work... waaaaaa

the matrix

Reaction score
hi,
have you issues on your uk milestone using 3g or hsdpa connections ?

HrKasper

Reaction score
hi,
have you issues on your uk milestone using 3g or hsdpa connections ?
Did you setup your APN connection? (Settings -> Wireless & Network Settings -> APN settings)

Last edited:

the matrix

Reaction score
Modded (Thanks The Solutor)

It works fine and I really like the apps in the mod - except I really miss the good old Gmail client. How can I install that in this current mod?

hi, in MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service i have uploaded a
modded version of the Modded (Thanks The Solutor)
with the next adds/removes:

+ gmail
- k9
- usb tethering
- wifi tethering
- voice dialer
- quick boot
+ terminal emulator

of course: use at your own risk, etc... :)
is my first custom rom :)

deputc26

Reaction score
Thanks all, has anyone tried this on the Telus Canadian Milestone? I could have sworn that there was no kernel access on the milestone yet meaning no tethering or overclocking. Do we now have full root access on the milestone?