HOW-TO: Get 2.1 on your Milestone!

ChaosKiller

Reaction score
Hmmm...

I applied the 2.1 update (the modded one), and it can't seem to connect to the data networks, and the physical keyboard is set up as a QUERTZ one rather than QUERTY. How did you (iWannaBeAdored) solve these problems?

All I did was this guide. Nothing more. Remember to set up the keyboard language to UK (US). Everything is fine for me.

I'll try the other 2.1 modded ROM. The current one has a blank 'APNs' settings screen.

Just add one with the settings for your mobile provider and it will work.

mazza558

Reaction score
All I did was this guide. Nothing more. Remember to set up the keyboard language to UK (US). Everything is fine for me.

I'll try the other 2.1 modded ROM. The current one has a blank 'APNs' settings screen.

The other ROM seems absolutely fine, connecting to the T-Mobile APN and has all the features I want, including the shiny new camera stuff. Plus, it's QUERTY!

Thanks a lot for this guide!

OP
iWannaBeAdored
Reaction score

The other ROM seems absolutely fine, connecting to the T-Mobile APN and has all the features I want, including the shiny new camera stuff. Plus, it's QUERTY!

Are you relating to the modded ROM in this thread or another ROM? If so, can you link me to it so I can include it in my guide? :)

Glad I helped!

mazza558

Reaction score

Are you relating to the modded ROM in this thread or another ROM? If so, can you link me to it so I can include it in my guide? :)

Glad I helped!

I'm using the second modded ROM (the one which has Voice Search in it too) - it works with all 2.1 apps like Google Earth, the browser is snappy, there's no skipping with music playback, it has the new camera apps, and is just brilliant in general.

fabiooli

Reaction score
Perfect how to. I did it at my own risk, first time with Android SDK and it worked very well. Thanks guys, you''re the men!

fitnessvip

Reaction score
hmm I'm not sure how you get the mount sd card error. Did you follow the guide step by step and do you have the requirements?
Yes everything set right but don,t know where is the problem!!!!
Note: that i have not done factory default reset any issue with that?

nealexus

Reaction score
hello,
I have original 2.1 Milestone SW for Central EU. Can somebody help to root this SW?

OP
iWannaBeAdored
Reaction score
hmm I'm not sure how you get the mount sd card error. Did you follow the guide step by step and do you have the requirements?

It is in the guide for a reason mate :p You need to wipe everything so the new Backup doesn't have any problems.

fitnessvip

Reaction score

It is in the guide for a reason mate :p You need to wipe everything so the new Backup doesn't have any problems.
its same cant mount sdcard:confused:

mancow222

Reaction score
After running the apply sdcard: update.zip its gets verified but then goes to a black screen.
I am still able to run the adb shell and install the modded and stock back ups, but once i reboot, it gets stuck in "M" screen and keeps rebooting.

Anyone have any ideas thanks

Last edited:

fatkimi

Reaction score
after swipe using boot menu..

but my pc cant detact tht phone...

so lucky reboot and all become original setting

not broke