How to Edit/Manage Preloaded Contacts

Vito.a

Reaction score
I've had my Razr for just about a week and really love it. I use the Contacts list a lot, but I noticed Verizon has several preloaded contacts and it will not let you edit or delete them.
I found a way around this by creating a similar contact, and then joining the two.

An example is the Verizon Accessories Contact. It comes preloaded on the phone and you are unable to edit it or change the name. I wanted a Verizon Customer Service contact and did not want the Verizon Accessories contact, so I created a new Verizon Customer Service contact and added the phone numbers and other data. I then opened my new Verizon Customer Service contact, selected the Menu button (lower left button), select Join in the lower right corner, then select the preloaded Verizon Accessories contact, and it will join the two and keep the new name and numbers. It will now let you edit, add or delete numbers from this new contact. There were some other Verizon contacts (#ect) that I joined with it also to clean up the list.

Hope this helps!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Open contacts/press menu/display options/press presets and uncheck All Contacts. They will not show then.