How to downgrade from GB

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you move those to your SD card? You can always search for them on Google too. Easytether you can download the lite version and then go to their website to get a new Pro Key

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

OP
RUBZERK

RUBZERK

Reaction score
Can you move those to your SD card? You can always search for them on Google too. Easytether you can download the lite version and then go to their website to get a new Pro Key

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

how do i move them to my sd card ?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the app called mybackup. I think you can backup without root, but im not sure

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just checked. Mybackup works if you don't have a rooted phone (it just won't backup data, only the apk), but that should be fine for you

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

OP
RUBZERK

RUBZERK

Reaction score
i did a search for linux cd sbf 2.3.340 but found to much stuff that was off topic.

can you post a link to make the cd ?

OP
RUBZERK

RUBZERK

Reaction score
ok, i found this page.

could somebody point out what to download ?

Android Forums - View Single Post - Creating a bootable linux CD soley to SBF *headache free*

phonegoback.jpg

OP
RUBZERK

RUBZERK

Reaction score
ok, i made the disc and got to the yellow screen. i hit enter and scene all the dots.
after a few minutes the next screen did a bunch of stuff then it stopped. here is what it said.

Kernel Panic - Not syncing:vfs:unable to mount root fs on unknown block (0,0)
Swapper not tainted

FernBch

Reaction score
Dumb question. Are you in the stock bootloader or bootstrap? You must be in bootloader for it to work. Hold the power on button and the home hard key at the same time, when it boots you should be in bootloader. From there the sbf program should detect it.
To load the CD, put it in your drive then start the computer. Start tapping the F8 key until the boot menu shows up and choose to boot from the CD. When you get the "Boot baby boot" screen, plug your phone in and hit enter. Once it boots, choose option one. Make sure you use the number keys across the top, not the keys to the right. After that it should preform the SBF. It should not matter if your rooted, not rooted, on froyo or GB. The whole process should only take a couple minutes to complete.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Holding the home and power button puts you in stock recovery, not bootloader mode.

To get into bootloader, have the phone off, then hold the camera, volume down and power buttons.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

FernBch

Reaction score
My bad. On my DX it's hold both up and down volume buttons at the same time then the power button. Continue to hold all three. The "andy" logo will flash quickly, then it'll go to bootloader. Should say something like 30.04, battery ok, ready to program. This is where you need to plug the usb cable in. Make sure your battery is fully charged before you SBF.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

Last edited:
OP
RUBZERK

RUBZERK

Reaction score
My bad. On my DX it's hold both up and down volume buttons at the same time then the power button. Continue to hold all three. The "andy" logo will flash quickly, then it'll go to bootloader. Should say something like 30.04, battery ok, ready to program. This is where you need to plug the usb cable in. Make sure your battery is fully charged before you SBF.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

am i doing this while its on, or as im re starting the phone ?

OP
RUBZERK

RUBZERK

Reaction score
i put phone in bootloader mode, i have the cd in disc drive with tray open & laptop off.
i plug phone into usb port, close cd tray and boot pc. i hit f8 while starting up and come to yellow "BOOT BABY, BOOT" screen and i hit enter. it does the whole yellow dot thing for a min or two then i go to the black screen where all kind of stuff happens then it stops.

i get the
Kernel Panic - Not syncing:vfs:unable to mount root fs on unknown block (0,0)
Swapper not tainted

i tried it 3 times and every time this is the end result every time.:soapbox: