2.2 down to 2.1? easy?

bcals0087

Reaction score
How easy is it to go from 2.2 to 2.1. I don't think I like this leak version so I think im going to revert back. Is it as easy to downgrade as it was to upgrade?

bitter

Reaction score
You'll need to flash the .sbf. It is pretty easy, but just be careful while doing it, and follow instructions.

Mikey311

Reaction score
Yep it's pretty easy. Follow my guide and you should have no problems :)

the unbricking guide?

quick question too, i heard that if you updated to 2.2 on your droid x, you'll still get the OTA update when it comes out. is this true?

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
If I will still get the ota update then I might just keep the 2.2. IMO there really isn't anything too special about this version of 2.2. 2.1 on the x was a little smoother than this. Lookin forward to the official version though!

freebird_78

Reaction score
I was unable to go back to 2.1 after 2.2, no matter how I tried SBF. The same SBF did get my rooted 2.1 back to stock so that I could apply 2.2, so I know it's not my copy of SBF. But I wanted to go back to 2.1 for root, and keep getting boot loops no matter what I do, yet no errors during SBF flash. So for the moment I'm stuck either waiting for someone to chime in and help me figure out SBF reverting issues or wait for root on 2.2. Not happy.

Carlow

Reaction score
I was unable to go back to 2.1 after 2.2, no matter how I tried SBF. The same SBF did get my rooted 2.1 back to stock so that I could apply 2.2, so I know it's not my copy of SBF. But I wanted to go back to 2.1 for root, and keep getting boot loops no matter what I do, yet no errors during SBF flash. So for the moment I'm stuck either waiting for someone to chime in and help me figure out SBF reverting issues or wait for root on 2.2. Not happy.

I was going through boot loops also after I flashed my phone for the 2.1 SBF. I just went back into Recovery Mode and did a "wipe date/factory reset". All was set! I just had to reinstall and fix all my settings again. If you cant connect to 3G or the Verizon Network, you will have to dial *228 to reactivate the phone. I just decided to wait for the official 2.2. Good luck :)

Reaction score

I was going through boot loops also after I flashed my phone for the 2.1 SBF. I just went back into Recovery Mode and did a "wipe date/factory reset". All was set! I just had to reinstall and fix all my settings again. If you cant connect to 3G or the Verizon Network, you will have to dial *228 to reactivate the phone. I just decided to wait for the official 2.2. Good luck :)
Same here, 2.2 back to 2.1 with sbf caused boot loops. While its looping, pull battery, reinstall battery, hold home and power til the caution sign shows, press search button, wipe data and cache, reboot. *228 wont reprogram my phone properly after the sbf flashes for some reason so I dial ##7764726 and enter my phones info manually.

jaredb03

Reaction score
can someone specify what guide? i want to make sure before i start. Thanks