How to do a manual update to .901

I

iTz_I3urn

Im still on 893 how so i manually upgrade to. 901 version on my droid bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's what I did to get .901. You have to be at OTA 5.5.893 for this to work. Some of this you may have done in the past; this was gotten for a newbie.

You can get it from Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip. Be sure you have the Motorola drivers installed from USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA on your PC.

1. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Put the downloaded file on the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not internal storage). No need to change the name or extract it.
5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
6. Power phone down
7. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded above, press Power and let it load.
11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (a few minutes)

Last edited:
OP
I

iTz_I3urn

Hey it worked thank you so much. Can you root with. 901

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a question for others to answer. I belive you can, but I haven't rooted.

useltonm

Reaction score
Negative. Only way to root after updating to .901 is to use pathsaver to revert back to .893, forever root, then update to .901.

jonnygage

Reaction score
not working for me any advice? everytime i reboot in recovery, it allows me to choose install from sd card but then it opens up several other options and im not sure where to go.. any help. trying to fix this stupid phone before i go out and buy something that wont give me problems
this is what comes up after i click update..
../
META-INF/
patch/
recovery/
system/
webtop/

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
not working for me any advice? everytime i reboot in recovery, it allows me to choose install from sd card but then it opens up several other options and im not sure where to go.. any help. trying to fix this stupid phone before i go out and buy something that wont give me problems
this is what comes up after i click update..
../
META-INF/
patch/
recovery/
system/
webtop/
Are you sure you put the .901 update on your SD card? The Bionic is weird, the actual "SD Card" directory isn't the real SD Card, it's a partitioned part of your internal 16gb. Make sure the .901 update is in the SD+EXT folder.

jonnygage

Reaction score
I think im putting it on the sd card. When I plug in my phone, two folders pop up. One says MOT the other is untitled and says that it has 15g of space available. Im assuming thats the sd card?

jonnygage

Reaction score
uh i might want to put the right file on the phone for it to work...
finally got it figured out. hope this works.

Last edited: