How to delete 'Corporate Calendar' & Web Browsing questions

miahly

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new here and new to using the droid - so please let me know if this thread is out of place in any way. I did try searching for topics on 'Corporate Calendar' and didn't come across anything - so I also hope this isn't repetitive!

I'm using a Motorola Droid and I want to clean up the apps on it. I was able to delete most of the stuff I didn't want but I can't seem to get rid of the "Corporate Calendar" and just have the standard calendar on there. Can you help me?

Also, when browsing the internet is there a quick way to close the whole internet browser? I've just been pressing the back key and backing out or opening the "windows" and closing out of individual windows. Both methods seem a bit tedious when I'd rather hit an "x" button somewhere and be done? But I don't seem to see such a button.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Miahly

Reaction score
Hello,

if your Droid is rooted, you can download an app called "Root Explorer" from the market.

From here, you can go to the system folder of your droid, then the sub folder titled "app".

Once you're here, you can set the system to Mount as r/w, and scroll down to the "Corpcal.apk" and long press, delete it.

Also, if you're rooted you can download an app called Autokiller. It's not a task killer but it changes the built in task killer in the android OS to end processes that aren't needed. If you toy around with the settings, you'll find something you like. I have mine set on aggressive and it usually closes the browser right away.. but bear in mind it will do this for other apps as well.

OP
M

miahly

Reaction score
I'm not 'rooted' - does that mean I'm stuck with this app?

I'm not interested in rooting at this point - maybe once my warranty has expired but it's too new!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm not 'rooted' - does that mean I'm stuck with this app?

I'm not interested in rooting at this point - maybe once my warranty has expired but it's too new!

Yup, That means your stuck with all native apps.