How to bypass forgotten unlock code. (INSTRUCTIONS)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This happened to my Motorola Droid tonight. my friend got a hold of my phone and
tried random pattern to unlock my phone. needless to say, my phone got locked out. i
entered my gmail address and password but failed.

here's the procedure to unlock without hard reset:

1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
account and keep the old one.

unknowndroid

Reaction score
So based on Step #5, it appears this is the fix for a "temporarily forgotten" pattern. If you can't remember what the pattern was in the first place, you can't enter it in step #5, correct?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nice....Could of used this the first night I had the Droid...lol

Mojo

Reaction score
This is awesome information to know! This method helped me help a customer today that was locked out of his phone! Thanks

Kabizzle

Reaction score
I actually decided to set a pattern lock on the first day and, being my usual self, forgot it as quickly as I set it. I found that it wouldn't accept the gmail account that I created during the setup at the store, so I just did a hard reset (hold x and power button, then volume up and camera) and used my current yahoo account which is linked to a random gmail account that I use for spam purposes :). Worked like a charm, and it now accepts the new gmail. I think that this is a recurring problem, and it's probably worth it to do a factory reset when you first get the phone to get rid of the problem.

BoostinMech

Reaction score
I believe this will only work till they fix that glitch with backing out of a call and going to the home screen.... its a known issue... i believe they are fixing it with the ota 2.1 update. so it probably wont work after the update.

Reaction score
It isnt working,when i try the 3.step! It takes me back to the lock screen! WHAT TO DO?!

misturzero

Reaction score
ZTE X500 impossible to fix.

Hello,

I have a ZTE X500 score from cricket. I was flashing backups/restores like an idiot and flashed the phone back to how it was when i got it from my girl's sister. Now there is a pattern lock on it that i couldnt get and have attempted too many times, AND there is no known linked gmail account to the phone. There is also no service on this phone, as i use it as a poor man's tablet.

Here is the real kicker, this phone has CWM on it, and when i hold power + vol down + camera, i get a little android guy with a HUGE exclamation point. I cannot access CWM. Also, when i use the android SDK and invoke "adb devices" .. this phone is not listed on my computer.

Cricket told me to bring the phone to them, but i am not driving an hour, as i will probably be turned away because im not the original owner.

Is there anything I can do because I am dying without being able to listen to my music wherever i go.

Daktar Sahab

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
q mobile noir a600
i have a jellybean android phone when i receive the phone call and press the back button it takes me to the same screen ( login with your google account ). it does not take me to the home screen any other options ..