Locked Out Of Your Droid? Here's How I Fixed Mine

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by mmcompute, Jan 9, 2010.

1. mmcompute

mmcompute New Member

So you (or your kids) tried your secret swipe code one too many times and your phone is locked and it will not accept your gmail username and password. Welcome to the club! This has been discussed on this forum before as well as other forums for phones using Android. Most of the solutions I found involved performing a "hard reset" which would have caused some loss of information. I found another solution that worked great without loss of information. Credit given to the folks over at the crackberry forum for posting this. I'm posting it here in hopes that it helps you.
    I unlocked my phone with no problem.

NOTE!!... I consider this a security issue. I mean, all I have to do is get the phone number of any Motorola Droid user and perform the above steps to get into his phone. I can cause all types of mischief once in...not to mention steal personal information. Google / Motorola...are you hearing me? Protect your numbers boys!

Good luck.

MM:icon_ banana:
  2. Shelbyg

Shelbyg New Member

i called my phone answered it, i pushed the back button and it went to the lock screen and then back and forth from lock screen to the call.. im lost!!! :blink: the info does not work :(
  3. mmcompute

mmcompute New Member

Make sure you answer the phone when it rings. Once answered, select the soft touch key in the bottom left-hand corner (looping arrow) which is the "back key". You can now navigate through your phone as though it was not locked. Go into your settings and begin following the directions linked in the above thread.

Remember, you're doing this without hanging up on the call.
  4. Shelbyg

Shelbyg New Member

i have the HTC droid eris... would it be any different from the droid? I stayed on the call the whole time.. i could only go up to my notifications and check my text messages and missed calls.
  5. Shelbyg

Shelbyg New Member

im soo happy. i just kept putting my password and user name in and it worked!!!
  6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

7. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

with regard to locking the phone ... is there an app or does the droid do this natively :

a lock feature that nukes the device if xx amount of tries fail to unlock it ? what i'm looking for is just a clean out of all data and apps. or if there is an app exisiting that could brick the phone ?

i use mobile defense, but not certain of the package as a whole as i have not tested it yet....
Search tags for this page
android too many swipe attempts

droid 2 too many unlock attempts

droid razr m locked out not accepting gmail
droid x locked and not know gmail

droid x too many unlock attempts

forgot swipe code android

forgotten android swipe code
how to break into a droid razor verizon phone without wiping it out

how to break into a locked android phone

how to get into your locked droid
how to reset android if locked out