How to add words to your personal dictionary.

Tankwylde

Reaction score
While typing I will come across a word that needs added yet I can't figure out how to do it.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to go to settings/language &inputs/ select the typing app you use and edit dictionary.

Or as you're typing, there should be word suggestions pop up. As you type a word that's not in the stock dictionary just click on the word you're typing. The add to dictionary option should pop up.

I could he wrong as I haven't messed with an s4 yet. Should be very similar though.

OP
Tankwylde

Tankwylde

Reaction score
I know that I can go to the input part but I want to be able to add on the fly as I text. And you can't touch the word to add it to the dictionary.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Sorry hit send on accident lol. I think it remembers words you type. It now has my son's name (Tristan) and I doubt that was in the dictionary before

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm I would recommend using swiftkey or swype or thumb keyboard. These 3rd party keyboard apps have many more options than the stock keyboard. Sorry. But that's all I got. :(

reybie

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I had to go back to my dependable Swype. Bilingual folks plus text shorthand kills any smart keyboard haha :)

puniszone

Reaction score
hi there

Type the word in the texting field and push and hold the word till its highlighted and then you will see some icons on the top of the phone push the "T" icon and it will be added..

puniszone

Reaction score
Type the word in the texting field and push and hold the word till its highlighted and then you will see some icons on the top of the phone push the "T" icon and it will be added..:icon_ lala:

big erick

Reaction score
type the word you want to add then hit the enter button "the one with the arrow" that adds the word to the dictionary!