Personal Dictionary Is Forgetting Words!

mattl2

Reaction score
Lately, I have been having an issue with my Droid Incredible 2 where the personal dictionary is losing words. When I first noticed this happening, my first assumption was that the entire personal dictionary was somehow accidentally deleted, but I checked and it is still there. So, to explain the problem a little more, I recently wrote "Dax", the name of my nephew. I am positive I added that word to the dictionary a long time ago and have used several times, yet this time it was not recognized and I had to add it again. It now knows Dax again, but I regularly encounter this issue with other words. What can I do? HTC recommended deleting all third party apps (which is a lot) or performing a factory reboot. I would really like to leave those as a last resort.

EVoorhees

Reaction score
The dictionary is a major part of the keyboard. The keyboard will fail to respond if the RAM is being utilized too much or the processor is overwhelmed. It is HIGHLY recommended that applications you do not use are removed. There are also some apps that use the processor a lot (e.g. Handcent, ICQ, etc...) that may be a problem as well. If worst comes to worse, and the dictionary is still not yours, you may be required to factory reset. Dont worry about ANY apps. Google Play has them automatically saved for you. So, you can head right on over to Google Play Store for Android Apps and restore all your applications you miss.

Hope this helps.