Swype wrong word prediction

droidborg

Reaction score
Every time I try and type 7 something (like 7:30) the word prediction chooses 76ers and I have to back up delete and slowly do it again.

I've never typed 76ers in my life but apparently the dictionary thinks it's a very common "word". I've read some stuff on an Android forum about highlighting the word then hit the S button (droid X) which should give me a delete or add word choice but all that does on my phone is open a tutorial page with no option to do anything except go to the main preferences menu.

I don't want to disable word prediction I just want to take 76ers out of it's data base.

Anyone have a solution for this?

xush

Reaction score
Highlight the word (tap it twice), then hit the SWYPE key, lower left. That should automatically delete it, or at lest give the option to.

Just tried this with "76ers" & I see it doesn't work for that word. Strange, it's worked for me in the past

A quick google search shows you can only do it with words you added, not preloaded ones.

I'm trying the suggestion I just read to turn off word prediction. I'm still getting the choices window when necessary, but it's not popping up the unwanted suggestions anymore.

OP
droidborg

droidborg

Reaction score
Highlight the word (tap it twice), then hit the SWYPE key, lower left. That should automatically delete it, or at lest give the option to.

Just tried this with "76ers" & I see it doesn't work for that word. Strange, it's worked for me in the past

A quick google search shows you can only do it with words you added, not preloaded ones.

I'm trying the suggestion I just read to turn off word prediction. I'm still getting the choices window when necessary, but it's not popping up the unwanted suggestions anymore.

Maybe for one thing there is a software issue. Double taping does nothing on my phone. If I long tap it will kind of highlight for a few seconds bit but still no useful options come up.

In a better world we should be able to access the Swype dictionary and add or delete any words we want. Maybe also whomever wrote the code is a serious Philly fan. Lol