How stop Facebook app pop up adds

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
When reading a Facebook article how do u block pop up adds.
I.e it will pop up you have won something for being the millionth Android browser etc.pop up spam posts.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Are you using Facebook app or regular browser?

You can try Adguard possible it might work ...I don't have Facebook left that long time ago though I'm sure they are still tracking

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I only see those "you have won..." "you are the one million shopper..." type of popups on suspicious and or malicious websites. I didn't not think you can stop them, other than avoiding those websites. I doubt you saw that on facebook.com or in the Facebook app.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I only see those "you have won..." "you are the one million shopper..." type of popups on suspicious and or malicious websites. I didn't not think you can stop them, other than avoiding those websites. I doubt you saw that on facebook.com or in the Facebook app.

It's on random articles in the Facebook up. You click the article and it opens up to read but once you start scrolling through it pops up an says you win and please fill out a survey it's wicked anoying. I think it's embedded popups In the ads on the page .

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
It's on random articles in the Facebook up. You click the article and it opens up to read but once you start scrolling through it pops up an says you win and please fill out a survey it's wicked anoying. I think it's embedded popups In the ads on the page .

If you are using Chrome browser, just add the adguard extension. Adguard works too but you have to pay for it after a 7 day trial.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If you are using Chrome browser, just add the adguard extension. Adguard works too but you have to pay for it after a 7 day trial.
Android Facebook app it happens

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm not sure if it will work on the app ...I remembered using an ad blocker on a previous phone while ago that helped on the apps ...can't remember now of course ...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
It wasn't a Facebook ad it was a Facebook post that ifnu click and read the article it pops up and says u one something if this was opened on a PC bet it would be a virus

JandN2639

Reaction score
It wasn't a Facebook ad it was a Facebook post that ifnu click and read the article it pops up and says u one something if this was opened on a PC bet it would be a virus

SMYDSMITH, I used to have the same problem on Facebook. I recommend you stop clicking ad, game, and survey links directly. Look up the companies online using Yahoo! instead--Google sells all information they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Didn't click a like I just click a news item in Facebook or random post and sometimes almost like on a timer it pops up with spam and doesn't let you read the article

JandN2639

Reaction score
Yes, I forgot about that. *Any* link could lead to those popups. If it happens with a news article, go to the news organization Website and search.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Clicking a link to go to what you "think" is a legitimate article is where the problem lies. You can't block these ads because they are not true ads as you expect. As stated....if you don't know the authenticity of the link, don't click it.

Last edited:

JandN2639

Reaction score
Agreed. There is a lot of clickbait on Facebook. It is *still* a hacker’s playground.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
To turn off ads based on your relationship status, employer, job title or education:

• Open Facebook and navigate to the main menu. Select Settings in the Settings & Privacy dropdown.
  • Scroll down to the Ads section and select Ad Preferences.
  • Select Your information and deactivate any of the profile fields listed to stop ads based on these categories.
To stop ads based on data from advertisers, offline interactions (like purchases, your use of partner websites or apps) and your activity on Facebook Company Products:

• Navigate back to the Ad Preferences menu and choose Ad settings.
  • Click on Ads based on data from partner or Ads based on your activity on Facebook Company Products that you see elsewhere.
  • Select No to deactivate these ad influencers.
These instructions aren’t universal to every social media platform, but making these changes on a player like Facebook could actually take care of a good bit of your ad targeting problems.

Source: allconnect
But I just want to block popup ads that come from random articles in news feed I don't think Facebook settings effect but Facebook should add a pop-up blocker to the Facebook browser window that open when you click an article

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Clicking a link to go to what you "think" is a legitimate article is where the problem lies. You can't block these ads because they are not true ads as you expect. As stated....if you don't know the authenticity of the link, don't click it.