How stop Facebook app pop up adds

JandN2639

Reaction score
To turn off ads based on your relationship status, employer, job title or education:

• Open Facebook and navigate to the main menu. Select Settings in the Settings & Privacy dropdown.
  • Scroll down to the Ads section and select Ad Preferences.
  • Select Your information and deactivate any of the profile fields listed to stop ads based on these categories.
To stop ads based on data from advertisers, offline interactions (like purchases, your use of partner websites or apps) and your activity on Facebook Company Products:

• Navigate back to the Ad Preferences menu and choose Ad settings.
  • Click on Ads based on data from partner or Ads based on your activity on Facebook Company Products that you see elsewhere.
  • Select No to deactivate these ad influencers.
These instructions aren’t universal to every social media platform, but making these changes on a player like Facebook could actually take care of a good bit of your ad targeting problems.

Source: allconnect

What about the Your Interests list(s)? Facebook shows I have hundreds, but I never selected any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eianz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7
Its best to keep away from those pop up links, they are at times malicious and can harm your device

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Its best to keep away from those pop up links, they are at times malicious and can harm your device
But there is no way to know when you click an article in you news feed if it will have them or not. Facebook needs better checking for malware in what's posted

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Delete FB ..so happy I got rid of it long time ago ...annoying fake news and links everywhere things don't change ...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just don't click links that lead to Facebook....then you won't be bothered by those annoying "you are the winner...." pop up pages.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I remember having a previous phone in my FB days with a ad blocker that helped on the app I just can't remember

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This happened to me once recently and I don't have a Facebook account and don't use the Facebook app. I was browsing a news article and clicked a link I thought was legitimate, without paying close attention. It went to a BS Facebook page and instantly opened one of those "congratulations Pixel 4 owner....you are the 1000 viewer...." pages. I'm pretty sure that's what the original post is talking about. Not ads in the Facebook app. Not ads that popup while browsing. The BS pages that open when you click a link that you "think" is taking you to a legitimate page, but is not. I don't think any app or any ad blocker is going to help in this situation.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
This happened to me once recently and I don't have a Facebook account and don't use the Facebook app. I was browsing a news article and clicked a link I thought was legitimate, without paying close attention. It went to a BS Facebook page and instantly opened one of those "congratulations Pixel 4 owner....you are the 1000 viewer...." pages. I'm pretty sure that's what the original post is talking about. Not ads in the Facebook app. Not ads that popup while browsing. The BS pages that open when you click a link that you "think" is taking you to a legitimate page, but is not. I don't think any app or any ad blocker is going to help in this situation.

Sajo that's exactly what I am talking about. Facebook is littered with em they should have Facebook malware checker embedded in the app to prevent

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And that's why I keep posting the same thing over & over.....the only solution is do not click any link in a news article, website, etc that appears to even possibly go to Facebook. If you do that you won't see those junk pages claiming you are some kind of winner. Other than that, if you keep clicking those types of links....good luck.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
And that's why I keep posting the same thing over & over.....the only solution is do not click any link in a news article, website, etc that appears to even possibly go to Facebook. If you do that you won't see those junk pages claiming you are some kind of winner. Other than that, if you keep clicking those types of links....good luck.

I am not clicking a link that takes me to Facebook but in Facebook news feed and some of the news feed is malware . If you click nothing in Facebook then you can't read any content and becomes less useful except for the summary I. The news feed. I'm saying they need better malware checker or pip up blocker to n Facebook appp

JandN2639

Reaction score
I am not clicking a link that takes me to Facebook but in Facebook news feed and some of the news feed is malware . If you click nothing in Facebook then you can't read any content and becomes less useful except for the summary I. The news feed. I'm saying they need better malware checker or pip up blocker to n Facebook appp

What do you mean by news feed?

I have used Facebook, including the app, for several years. One’s feed is not divided into categories, it contains all sorts of posts, event notifications, and articles.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
What do you mean by news feed?

I have used Facebook, including the app, for several years. One’s feed is not divided into categories, it contains all sorts of posts, event notifications, and articles.

Yes random articles that you never know are fake till you click. You start reading the article then almost like on a timer a pop up appears

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So that's not a Facebook news feed? It's another website with links that look legitimate?

Last edited:

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Yes random articles that you never know are fake till you click. You start reading the article then almost like on a timer a pop up appears

If you're using Chrome ad the Adguard extension. The link says remove from Chrome because I have it installed.
AdGuard AdBlocker