How much would it cost to switch to an Incredible from my Droid?

wirezd

Reaction score
I got my Droid in December and am on a 2 year contract. If I decide to switch to an Incredible, how much would it cost? I'm seeing it as $199.99 for the phone and a 2 year contract.

stanrc

Reaction score
Usually if you want to upgrade mid-contract then you have to pay full price for the phone, about $500. But lately i've heard of contract extensions but I don't know if thats real or not.

wil20mva

Reaction score
It would cost you a keyboard :motdroidhoriz:, root:icon_evil:, ROMS:blackdroid:, an awesome community:icon_ devil:, and the full price for the phone... :icon_eek: too bad i like the incredible too.

OP
W

wirezd

Reaction score
It would cost you a keyboard :motdroidhoriz:, root:icon_evil:, ROMS:blackdroid:, an awesome community:icon_ devil:, and the full price for the phone... :icon_eek: too bad i like the incredible too.
The droid keyboard is meh, roots and roms will be available eventually. The community is great, though.

I just really want a fast android phone that isn't as bulky as the droid, incredible seems perfect.

Sal

Reaction score
The droid keyboard is meh, roots and roms will be available eventually. The community is great, though.

I just really want a fast android phone that isn't as bulky as the droid, incredible seems perfect.

Re: Droid to Incredible upgrade on Verizon

I'm thinking the same thing. But I'm only a couple of months in on my Droid's 2 year contract too. I'm finding I hardly ever use the physical keyboard, even less now that I'm using 2.1's dictation capabilities so much. The Incredible's sleekness sounds great. But there are moments when the keyboard is handy, like when I'm having trouble editing a message, moving the cursor around precisely with the D-pad...or when I need to switch back and forth between numbers and letters a lot...Hmmmm....Love my Droid and it's all set up how I like too...

SlyHusky

Reaction score

I'm thinking the same thing. But I'm only a couple of months in on my Droid's 2 year contract too. I'm finding I hardly ever use the physical keyboard, even less now that I'm using 2.1's dictation capabilities so much. The Incredible's sleekness sounds great. But there are moments when the keyboard is handy, like when I'm having trouble editing a message, moving the cursor around precisely with the D-pad...or when I need to switch back and forth between numbers and letters a lot...Hmmmm....Love my Droid and it's all set up how I like too...

I imagine the incredible will have an optical pad or some type of devise that will allow you to move your cursor.

I did an annual upgrade on my family plan in December coming from a Storm. Only extended my contract till Dec 11. Check the availibility of an upgrade on the other three lines on my plan and they have an upgrade date of July. Looks like my Wife gets my droid and I get another phone in July. Wahoo...

However the option still stands to add a new phone onto your existing plan. Get the discounted incridible phone (last time I called Verizon and they said I could with the BOGO Eris deal), switch the incredible to the primary line and a dumb phone on the other. Cancel after the 30 days sell your moto droid. And use that money to pay off the ETF from the second line. Easy as Pie.

Don't quote me I doubt it will work like that but if you really want one it would be worth a try. And I'll bet you can find a verizon rep at a store that will help you through this if you can convince him to do it.

Records show to wait for reviews to come out before you jump to purchase a phone. Look at all the Storm owners...YUCK

GL

Sal

Reaction score

I imagine the incredible will have an optical pad or some type of devise that will allow you to move your cursor.

I did an annual upgrade on my family plan in December coming from a Storm. Only extended my contract till Dec 11. Check the availibility of an upgrade on the other three lines on my plan and they have an upgrade date of July. Looks like my Wife gets my droid and I get another phone in July. Wahoo...

However the option still stands to add a new phone onto your existing plan. Get the discounted incridible phone (last time I called Verizon and they said I could with the BOGO Eris deal), switch the incredible to the primary line and a dumb phone on the other. Cancel after the 30 days sell your moto droid. And use that money to pay off the ETF from the second line. Easy as Pie.

Don't quote me I doubt it will work like that but if you really want one it would be worth a try. And I'll bet you can find a verizon rep at a store that will help you through this if you can convince him to do it.

Records show to wait for reviews to come out before you jump to purchase a phone. Look at all the Storm owners...YUCK

GL

Fascinating idea. Not sure if it would work. In any case, I totally agree with waiting a bit on any new gadget purchase. The fun of being first-on-the-block isn't that compelling to me, as long as I can play with a spanking new device at the store. But to buy, I'd want to wait until it was in the wild at least a few weeks...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It'll cost you the same a me...Full Price.