1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

please help explain

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by azgunz, May 23, 2010.

1. azgunz

azgunz New Member

Alright so I have the alias 2 currently and have about a year left on my 2 Year Contract. What is the deal with the contracts?
    I hear from some people that I could get the phone at the 2 year price and it would then extend my contract another 2 years from that date.
    Or is the 2 year contract with the phone, where I would NEED to cancel the contract in order to get the 2 year pricing on the droid incredible?

I HATE the alias 2.
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

You can upgrade with 4 months left in your contract (20 months) and extend your contract, or terminate your contract now with an ETF, and start anew. Call Verizon and have this talk with them, they'll know better than us.
  3. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 New Member

About a year in, you get an early upgrade, where they let you upgrade and charge you $20 to do it, the 2 year contract gets renewed at that point as well.
  4. Chumley

Chumley New Member

I wasn't due for new every 2 until July. I sent customer service an email and they got me an early upgrade at no cost.
  5. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Just for the record, if you are only a year in on your two year commitment, they will give you one year pricing at best.only if you are within a month or maybe two from your 20 month will they offer you the two year pricing for a new phone.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. bulldog317

bulldog317 New Member

from the website

"You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply)."

From Verizon wireless webpage