How much juice are you losing at night in sleep mode?

hermannism

Reaction score
Just curious to see what range is out there. First few nights were brutal, losing anywhere from 20-40%. Now that I've got a few things figured out, I usually awake in the morning to find only a 6% loss. You?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
No way of telling since I am charging my phone overnight. I would assume most other folks are doing the same.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Same here...charging at night....

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's a smartphone. if you're not using the phone at night, it should be on a charger. not sure why people insist on NOT charging a cell phone.

OP
H

hermannism

Reaction score
I always thought it best to A) wait til your battery ran down to the last drops before charging, and B) not leave a charging device plugged in longer than necessary. That's why I don't charge it at night.

Silver Member
Reaction score
your phone has enough metrics built in to prevent anythingi brash from happening to your device. also, you should NEVER full discharge a li-ion battery.

mark1wat

Reaction score
My family has some property out in the middle of no where and for the most part there is no signal. The phone doesn't get used much when I am there and sets on the counter. The battery drain when not in use is HUGE. The only thing I can think is that it is constantly trying to update, locate, etc. and uses a lot of juice to do it. I learned to just turn it off.

If you have hit and miss signal in your home, you may be running into the same problem.

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^ any phone that cannot obtain a signal will use MORE power to search for one than it will with.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I always thought it best to A) wait til your battery ran down to the last drops before charging, and B) not leave a charging device plugged in longer than necessary. That's why I don't charge it at night.

Maybe 5 years ago.....Pure bunk now....

roflcopters

Reaction score
Most, if not all phones today have built in measures to stop battery charging when it reaches full capacity. Also, todays Lithium Ion batteries don't develop a memory if you plug em in say, at 30% every time. But, that's not to say there aren't good procedures to use...like NOT waiting until it's almost completely dead.