How Many Email Messages?

1stdroid

Reaction score
How many email messages can the droid hold for each account? It seems like about 20-25 and it just rolls off the previous messages.

This is a bad thing since I may not get to some messages and want to deal with them in the evening or while traveling but, if they're gone....they're gone!

What gives? How can I keep more messages on the phone. Say, the last week or so. Maybe 300 messages instead of 25?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many email messages can the droid hold for each account? It seems like about 20-25 and it just rolls off the previous messages.

This is a bad thing since I may not get to some messages and want to deal with them in the evening or while traveling but, if they're gone....they're gone!

What gives? How can I keep more messages on the phone. Say, the last week or so. Maybe 300 messages instead of 25?

I'm not sure that there is a limit, but they are never gone. If you want to double check you can always go to your gmail account on line and you will see them there.

droidbear

Reaction score
That's a question I also have. I'd like to add --- I understand that you can't delete a series of e-mails all at once, that you have to delete them one at a time. Is that correct?
Thanks!

AZDroid09

Reaction score

Also, as you scroll through your list of messages, when you get to the bottom of the list and try to scroll further it will continue to load more messages. The fastest way though is if you know the sender of the message or if you know a keyword in the subject the native gmail app has excellent search capabilities that will quickly retrieve any messages that are still on the gmail servers.

OP

1stdroid

Reaction score
Thanks everyone but, a couple of downsides in my case.

I don't use gmail. I have several of my pop accounts set up. They are set to "never" delete messages from the server. The actual accounts my office PC are set to leave the messages on the server for 10 days. So, the way I see it, messages should build up on the droid and be accessible. It's a huge limitation to only see the last 20-25 messages received. In fact, it's of almost no value in terms of my needs.

As for the deleting them one at a time, yep, can you believe that!? Just WTF were they thinking? Yeah, yeah, I know, you can tap all 200+ messages in the trash folder (the only place more that 20-25 can be stored) and then delete them all at once but, that still requires 200 taps. Actually, 400 taps since you had to tap all of them once before just to delete them from the inboxes.

This is a serious swing and a miss in terms of email on a phone. I'm thinking BB more and more all the time......

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I agree that their non-gmail email support is quite sub-par, but at least there is web access through the browser which also works well. Personally, I would rather have web access only than go back to the BB's crappy browser, memory leaks, and lock-ups!