hotmail email account on droid

mannyg

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my new motorola droid. I have run into one minor problem. I have my hotmail email account on my droid. When I go to messages and delete them, they are deleted. However, for the last week, the trash file shows 3 messages, although they are not there. I went to the Verizon store and the rep was unable to clear this up. He did try removing the battery and putting it back in, but that didn't work. He suggested that I try this forum to see if anyone else has this kind of issue. Hope somebody can help - it's just a minor annoyance to see (3) on my trash file, even though they're not there.......

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I had that for a while, with exactly 3 messages as well. I cleared the cache and data. THIS REQUIRES YOU TO ENTER IN YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT INFORMATION AGAIN, AND YOU LOSE ALL SETTINGS. Just a warning. If your initial setup was problematic you might just want to leave it.

Tap:
menu-settings-applications-manage applications-menu-filter-running

scroll down to email (not Gmail) and tap, then clear cache, clear data.

This effectively brings the email to a "like new" state, and you need to enter in you login information and such. I can't say if the problem ever came back though. I've since transferred everything over to my gmail and don't use hotmail much anymore.

Last edited: