How many apps do you have in the state "available update"

SallyC

Reaction score
Any apps similar to app monster that do not require root?

My Backup Pro is what I use - I'm not rooted.

I also have no - zero, nada - apps that aren't updated. Even that stupid Madden one I never use.

I just do it, and have not yet had it be a problem.

jerkwad

Reaction score
yeah..why change the oil in your car or take it in for scheduled service/maintenace, right? update your apps man...VERY rarely does it make things worse!

SallyC's recommendation for My Backup Pro should get you what you need. Just schedule it for doing auto-backups every 14 days and keep a max of 3 backups for each app...that should be plenty to roll back to should you have a problem.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't had a single instance of an app giving me trouble after updating it...
Never wanted to revert to a previous version of an app either...

thegreatone3

Reaction score
None. I obsessively check the market multiple times per day for app updates. Happiness is a newly updated app. :)

For the very rare instance where an update has caused issues, a new app update follows very shortly.

OP
M

mcsoul

Reaction score
AppMonster doesn't require root!

Face-palm...oops, my first few searches on the app store did not find it, now I see see it "appmonster pro".

Do you keep a separate Micro SD card for media and backups? Can you backup to a computer or cloud service over wifi?

Natey2

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't had a single instance of an app giving me trouble after updating it...
Never wanted to revert to a previous version of an app either...

Tried Qik? They had a string of bad updates at one time and you had to revert to get a functional version.
Sometimes an update isn't always better than the previous version.
Storage space isn't an issue for me, so I usually have the last couple of versions of every app I use, and can revert to a previous version if necessary.
And apps only get bigger over time :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Byakushiki

Reaction score
36...which works out to 9/10 of all apps I've downloaded, Facebook among them. Only the 1.5.2 version of that app actually worked.

Breakfast beats worrying.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Tried Qik? They had a string of bad updates at one time and you had to revert to get a functional version.
Sometimes an update isn't always better than the previous version.
Storage space isn't an issue for me, so I usually have the last couple of versions of every app I use, and can revert to a previous version if necessary.
And apps only get bigger over time :)

Hmm never heard of qik. Storage space isn't an issue for me either, but neither is apps misbehaving! I Titanium Backup all current versions of my apps in case I reflash or something, but nothing beyond that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Face-palm...oops, my first few searches on the app store did not find it, now I see see it "appmonster pro".

Do you keep a separate Micro SD card for media and backups? Can you backup to a computer or cloud service over wifi?

No, I don't, but that's a great idea. I do have a spare and a keychain micro sd card reader, so I could easily devour the spare card to that function. Great suggestion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

MPFLINN

Reaction score
Me too onelowbirD68. Some of the basic Verizon "V..." apps (which I don't use)...I can accept that they are there to stay. But there are so many others that I dislike and would delete if I could. All of the above bother me to update all the time. I never use them and they clutter up the apps list. If, at the least, I could re-arrange the unnecessary annoying ones in the apps list, moving them to the bottom of the list or better yet to a folder to hide them forever, I'd be happy. Maybe someone has a non-root way to do this. If so, I'd be grateful for your advice.
They only apps I update are the ones I use. All the crap that came stock on my phone that I cant get rid of I dont update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MPFLINN

Reaction score
I am guessing that your phone is rooted. If not and you have found a way to get rid of the bloatware, will you please advise as to how you did it? Would really appreciate a way to do this.
I guess I didn't think of bloatware... It makes sense to not update bloatware. I removed my bloatware, though, whee!

SANhacker

Reaction score
I have recently noticed that even though my apparently are set to auto update, they rarely do. I am always habitually checking and doing it myself. Anyone else having the same issues?

Yes. I've been noticing the same thing. If I go a week or two without checking I can have 20 or so apps that have updates available and even though they are set to "Auto Update" they do not. Never noticed this on the OG Droid.

Natey2

Reaction score
Hmm never heard of qik.

Qik was probably one of the earliest video streaming apps. Acquired by Skype (which lacked video streaming), which was acquired by Microsoft (which needed something like Skype).
Good move for Microsoft, IMO.