How many apps do you have in the state "available update"

mcsoul

Reaction score
I have 45 apps that can be updated. Everything is working well at the moment, the
RAZR is not acting strange; so I don't feel compelled to update anything.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Then don't. I only have 1, but I update my APPS. Personal preference really whether the new features or fixes matter to you, or if you want the new permissions they might be asking for.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have 45 apps that can be updated. Everything is working well at the moment, the
RAZR is not acting strange; so I don't feel compelled to update anything.
Updating apps on your smartphone is like updating drivers on your computer. If you don't keep them updated sooner of later you'll have a problem or the app won't work at all. It doesn't make sense...to me...to have an outdated app on my phone. If it's important enough to me to take up storage space then it should be important enough to keep up to date. Just my opinion.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Zero! Why the heck wouldn't you update your apps?! Mine autoupdate so I never have any waiting on me to update them.
You know they're adding new features to your apps in those updates right? And fixing bugs? Making your phone more stable? With more functionality?
There is absolutely no reason to not update your apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
They only apps I update are the ones I use. All the crap that came stock on my phone that I cant get rid of I dont update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

KGreis

Reaction score
69 lol no lie

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
They only apps I update are the ones I use. All the crap that came stock on my phone that I cant get rid of I dont update.

I have 11 apps that need to be updated for this very reason. Why use up the space with garbage I'm not going to use?

This was posted using my Rezound.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I guess I didn't think of bloatware... It makes sense to not update bloatware. I removed my bloatware, though, whee!

tkopta

Reaction score
I have recently noticed that even though my apparently are set to auto update, they rarely do. I am always habitually checking and doing it myself. Anyone else having the same issues?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

PikaCane

Reaction score
I always read reviews before I update. It's saved me a few times from updates with massive bugs or the like.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

mcsoul

Reaction score
I always read reviews before I update. It's saved me a few times from updates with massive bugs or the like.

If I were motivated to update, I would do that too.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score

That's seems like it would be more trouble than just letting them auto-update & in the unlikely event the update is more hosed than the previous it's really easy to tap on the uninstall tab

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's seems like it would be more trouble than just letting them auto-update & in the unlikely event the update is more hosed than the previous it's really easy to tap on the uninstall tab

Uninstall, yes, but what about how to get back to the earlier version that was working fine? For me, before I update anything I run AppMonster and do a backup. It saves off the most recent version of whatever isn't already archived, then I do the update. If I want to go back I simply reinstall the old (backed-up) version of the app and I'm done. This has saved me countless times.

Also, when an app disappears altogether from the market (aka Play Store), and I should have to Factory reset, I can still reinstall the old versions.

Finally, since I have ALL the earlier versions saved in a history from previous backups, I can back-track through even earlier versions and install them to see what's changed and if I prefer them.

OP
M

mcsoul

Reaction score
Uninstall, yes, but what about how to get back to the earlier version that was working fine? For me, before I update anything I run AppMonster and do a backup. It saves off the most recent version of whatever isn't already archived, then I do the update. If I want to go back I simply reinstall the old (backed-up) version of the app and I'm done. This has saved me countless times.

Also, when an app disappears altogether from the market (aka Play Store), and I should have to Factory reset, I can still reinstall the old versions.

Finally, since I have ALL the earlier versions saved in a history from previous backups, I can back-track through even earlier versions and install them to see what's changed and if I prefer them.

Any apps similar to app monster that do not require root?