How long to charge?

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I wonder how long it takes you other DX owners to charge your battery. It takes me about 4 hours to go from 15-100%. Then it goes down in a normal amount of time, like a day and half or so.

Is 4 hours normal?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I let my phone charge 7hours + every night, It's just like me, it needs a good nights rest/charge :)

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Yeah I'd like to just plug it in at night but I use it as an alarm and don't have an available outlet near my bed to charge it there. So I usually have it plugged into my computer while I'm working during the day.

kennyc

Reaction score
seems about right based on my weeks worth of experience...

leggy

Reaction score
I think it depends on the source of the charge, if it is computer then 4 hours should be normal I believe.

Xpain

Reaction score
Connected to PC = 3 or 4 hours easily
Connected to wall outlet, about an hour - 1 1/2 hours

at least for me...

loopyloops

Reaction score
Connected to PC = 3 or 4 hours easily
Connected to wall outlet, about an hour - 1 1/2 hours

at least for me...

That's seems right (the wall outlet - haven't used my computer to charge). I got a car charger recently which has been great. The Droid X has terrific battery life - if you don't really use it :) If you're on the phone, looking at youtube, etc., it seems to lose its charge pretty quickly.

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
OK so it's now 7:44 and my charge is 80% I'm plugging it into the wall now. In theory it should be fully charged or close to it by 8pm.

8:06 now and I've hit 90%.

Last edited:
OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Right now the screen is off but it's still turned on in case a call comes in. That's how I normally charge.

Oh it just hit 100% while I was looking at it. Current time 8:21.

Reaction score
Wall outlet charges much faster than PC via usb. I have had my phone die on me while using it and plugged into PC.

Most machines have low voltage USB ports and some higher voltage. Typically, the ones on the front are lower (though not always) and unless specified otherwise, keyboard USB hubs and the like are usually low power.

The ports on the back of a machine are almost always the higher voltage ports.