Gnex taking a long time to charge?

Dfit18

Reaction score
So starting yesterday my Gnex has been taking an unusually long time to charge. I have the extended battery and have had the phone for well over a month. It normally took 1.5-2 hours to charge from <10% to fully charged. But starting yesterday, it has been taking over 4 hours to charge it completely. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or is my phone on the fritz.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
are you charging via usb or outlet? USB basically charges it at half the speed because it's at half the voltage I believe.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Or it could be a charger problem... I would try an alternate charging method before making a guess as to the cause.

Or you could send it to me for target practice?

alboboy10

Reaction score
I had the same problem I have no idea what I did for it to start charging fast. It was very annoying though.

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
are you charging via usb or outlet? USB basically charges it at half the speed because it's at half the voltage I believe.

Wall outlet. Using the provided Samsung charger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Dfit18

Dfit18

Reaction score
Or it could be a charger problem... I would try an alternate charging method before making a guess as to the cause.

Or you could send it to me for target practice?

Tempting but I did just pick up a new Glock, so I think I would have to do the honors ;)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sounds like it could be a charger problem. Try a different outlet, just to rule out the outlet.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My recommendation would be to leave your phone on 4g abuse it. Use it all day. Fully charge it. Abuse it again. Charge it.

Give it some tough love. Maybe that'll get the charging going!

thesoldier

Reaction score
My extended battery takes around 2 hours max to charge from being nearly dead. I don't think 4 hours is normal at all.

iGrizz

Reaction score
Mine takes 1.5 to 2 hours to fully charge from dead. I use the 2100 mah battery and I am amazed at how quickly it charges compared to my Thunderbolt.

Axium

Reaction score
If the display is on or you're streaming pandora that'll probably slow it down

???

Reaction score
I've seen mine seem like it's taking a while, so i checked the battery stats and it showed usb charging, unplugged it and plugged it back in and it switched to ac charging.

this was with the stock samsung wall charger that came with the phone. stock cable and all. so that might be what happened to you.