How long since last restart?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I haven't really looked for anything because I'm not on a computer until tomorrow.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
I'm on spring break this week so I have the time just not the know how.

Enjoy your Spring Break!
I know I did when I was in college ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I run automated system cache purge scripts with tasker + sl4a, to solve this reboot problem. When you restart, all memory is cleared (more specifically, the one that really matters is the system/cpu cache) which is what fixes these slow downs... so why not automate it? You can also achieve this without tasker using cron, but the phone doesn't accuretly adhere to the time based schedule for some reason. This method has made it so I never really have to restart... only problem is that I never fully tested it to its limits because I am constantly flashing ROMs and running tests for various projects I am working on. But I still will make the assertion that it works (I think...).

Edit: I forgot to mention that automated cache cleaners only clear app cache, that's why I do this, as a means to also clear system cache.

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
My phone normally takes care of the reboot by itself the second I plug it into the usb port.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DROID2 is doing that too?
I'm quite sure a phone is not supposed to reboot when connected to USB.
My stock DroidX almost always reboots when connected to USB, but there are times when it doesn't.

jasonD

Reaction score
So where do you chk on the droidx to see how long between reboots?

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
So where do you chk on the droidx to see how long between reboots?

Use Menu, Settings, About phone, Status, Up time.

That only shows real reboots, not the secret reboots (e.g. when it reboots unexpectedly when you connect to USB, etc.)

kicker10bog

Reaction score
I turn mine off every night as it charges so it doesn't wake anyone (I know I could change settings) and so it can cool off as well as clear the cache. Runs smooth 99% of the time with Liberty.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

princewei

Reaction score
309 hours without an unexpected restart, and still going, even though the Home Screen & App Drawer constantly refreshes (slow) itself after I end any app.
Strange how this phone does not unexpectedly restart when you monitor it very closely...

Unrooted stock DroidX 2.2.1
with Lookout (antivirus enabled) and ATK (auto-kill disabled), over 200 apps, almost all of them on the phone (not SD).