Brand New wont stop restarting

Neurochem

Reaction score
My phone is brand new, 3 days old, and it is restarting at random intervals, more frequently in the afternoon, and not at at night. I already factory reset, I dont have any task killers, I am not rooted, I deleted the games.

I do have the android system info app and it says I am still at 2.2, and the log has a huge number of errors.

I tried searching around a bit, found some similar threads but nothing recent and nothing like mine, over the course of typing this on my computer my phone has restarted itself twice. Same time yesterday it was restarting every five minutes, then i factory reset it and it did it once or twice more, but mostly stopped. I have not changed anything since last night, but it is doing it again.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. I am very computer literate but this is my first smart phone.

droid doctor

Reaction score
Wait nvm I found out you should take it back to Verizon they'll replace it for free if you have the warranty

OP
N

Neurochem

Reaction score
droid x, sorry thought i was in the droid x forums and didnt need to mention.

Droid x android version 2.2.1 REL

I can post whatever other info i can get off the system info app, when my phone isnt rebooting that is.

I was afraid of that. It is the phone hardware then? not something weird going on with the gingerbread update?

droid doctor

Reaction score
I'm sorry I pressed send on accident. Just go to verizon to see if they can get it fixed or replaced.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its a known DX issue. Custom roms seem to help with it alot so it seems to be something stock not agreeing with something else.