1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Brand New wont stop restarting

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Neurochem, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Neurochem

Neurochem New Member

My phone is brand new, 3 days old, and it is restarting at random intervals, more frequently in the afternoon, and not at at night. I already factory reset, I dont have any task killers, I am not rooted, I deleted the games.

I do have the android system info app and it says I am still at 2.2, and the log has a huge number of errors.

I tried searching around a bit, found some similar threads but nothing recent and nothing like mine, over the course of typing this on my computer my phone has restarted itself twice. Same time yesterday it was restarting every five minutes, then i factory reset it and it did it once or twice more, but mostly stopped. I have not changed anything since last night, but it is doing it again.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. I am very computer literate but this is my first smart phone.
  2. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

What phone is it ?
  3. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

Wait nvm I found out you should take it back to Verizon they'll replace it for free if you have the warranty
  4. Neurochem

Neurochem New Member

droid x, sorry thought i was in the droid x forums and didnt need to mention.

Droid x android version 2.2.1 REL

I can post whatever other info i can get off the system info app, when my phone isnt rebooting that is.

I was afraid of that. It is the phone hardware then? not something weird going on with the gingerbread update?
  5. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

No its fine well you can go to
  6. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

I'm sorry I pressed send on accident. Just go to verizon to see if they can get it fixed or replaced.
  7. Neurochem

Neurochem New Member

Thanks for the info
  8. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

You're welcome
  9. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Its a known DX issue. Custom roms seem to help with it alot so it seems to be something stock not agreeing with something else.
Search tags for this page

droid x2 rebooting wont stop

how to stop motorola droid 3 from restarting