How is your keyboard slider?

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Got mine on 1/09/10 and it still works good. It seemed to come unlocked a little easier but nothing too bad. Just hoping that a year from now its not just sliding open with no effort at all. I dont think it will though.

lockman

Reaction score
Had mine since 12/6. Getting more loose every day, and I never use it. If I did't have a case, it'd probably flop open. Glad to see mine's the exception.

JRFogarty

Reaction score
First one was loose, Second one is perfect and hasn't loosed up a bit..It could have been designed better but if it were up to me......it would be there...

Same here. I kept my first one in my pocket. Not sure if that is related but the slider seemed to separate on the left side (maybe something wedged it a bit). It took 3 stores by I found a rep who had a DROID and agreed that was not the way it should work and did an exchange. No problems with the new one but I did get a belt clip just to be safe.

M

Matth3w

I received mine January 25th.

Its clicks and snaps when it is slid into its correct position guides. But:

a) it does unlock, and slide off locking guides when in pocked at times
b) when holding phone, sometimes my fingers will push it out of lock
'

Definitely have both of those issues but it's the crappy design of the phone not because it's worn out.
I have seen you complain about just about every feature of the Droid at one point or another. Why didn't you just take it back before your 30 days were up?

Reaction score

'

Definitely have both of those issues but it's the crappy design of the phone not because it's worn out.
I have seen you complain about just about every feature of the Droid at one point or another. Why didn't you just take it back before your 30 days were up?

I don't think why he hasn't or has returned his device back is the scope of this thread. This thread is about how your keyboard slider works, where members, simply, describe how their physical keyboard still functions, or lack thereof. Please contribute to the original topic, this post could of been sent via PM.

Reaction score

'

Now I wonder... what could they do to make these lock more? So that a nudge of the finger, or the friction of pants and thigh won't unlock it? hmmmm...

M

Matth3w

The G1 used a reverse spring so that the phone was always trying to close. The Droid doesn't really have one.

uscjoel

Reaction score
11/9....just a little loose. Ive had the plastic off the back since the day I got it. I am thinking about getting a sticker myself!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
11/17 (I think?) and the slider was perfect and still is. It will not slide accidentally. I've never had a case on it. I keep it in my pocket and the plastic is still on it (and will be until they pry it from my cold dead fingers. :) )

pilot25

Reaction score

'

The question was ask how the keyboard was functioning since purchase. I stated it was fine but the design sucked. Which clearly it does as do many facets of the phone. That's the way first run phones are or in the case of Google the first 3 run phones. G1, Droid, and now N1.

Sorry you are such a fanboy and cannot accept the fact the phone has many shortcomings. You must have rosy glasses. That's why tech companies, like Google, love you. They know their product isn't what it should be but people like you will line up to say, "It's awesome, while you perform your um-teenth battery pull. It's people like you who have made it acceptable for tech companies to do substandard beta testing before throwing out a product. "Oh it's okay software does that from time to time" So tiring the acceptance of mediocrity that you and others hold dear. I guess $600 phone should have flaws in your world. Not mine. Sell it for $100 and maybe we can have a discussion but not at $600.

Those flaws may or may not be fixed in the future but for people who don't dive into new tech and want to wait for the kinks to be worked out need to know the flaws. Clearly that was the point of the original question.

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

Sorry you are such a fanboy and cannot accept the fact the phone has many shortcomings.
I disagree with this statement. I know the phone has some shortcomings, but if they were bad enough to complain about most features, I would have returned the phone. Why you didn't but seem to hate the phone is beyond me.