How is your keyboard slider?

Zippster

Reaction score
Got mine opening day, I dont use the physical keyboard but do notice it wanting to open slightly more then it used to.

joeymoose

Reaction score
I would much prefer a Droid without a keyboard. The Nexus one was looking good until I seen the trackball, I mean really? At least make it a trackpad...

kristoff125

Reaction score
Look at the N1 forums, not nearly enough modding, not sure if it's by the phone or OS, but N1 forums look pretty lame.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Ya, I've seen them, alot of 3g complaints, who is customer support, etc...

If the HTC HD2 was the next Droid, I would trade in Pilot's ride to get it...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had my droid since November 6. I never took the plastic off the back. My keyboard is just as tight as when i got it and the plastic barely has lines on it. (i hardly ever use the physical keyboard)

RyanS2000

Reaction score
Still have my plastic & my slider is still tight since purchased 1/05/10. I use swype so my physical keyboard never gets used.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I've had my droid since November 6. I never took the plastic off the back. My keyboard is just as tight as when i got it and the plastic barely has lines on it. (i hardly ever use the physical keyboard)

The lines on the back of my phone are pretty deep. I still have the plastic on the back to. I wonder if those lines are different on evereyones phone?

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score

The lines on the back of my phone are pretty deep. I still have the plastic on the back to. I wonder if those lines are different on evereyones phone?

i had those lines on my sticker to so its normal. i took the sticker off last night and everythings still fine

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This other thread might not be as visible, being where it is:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/22898-slider-slightly-loose.html

The question I asked there is: Does your phone make clicking noises when touching the screen on the half of the screen indicated in the screenshot? (portrait mode, left half of screen)

For those whose previous phone was loose....was this the reason for the return?
If enough have no noise I guess I'll bring it in and swap it out again. It is good to hear that if the slider is firm it stays that way. There doesn't seem to be a concern it will act up 1.5 years from now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
had mine since launch day and it's still pretty tight.

i removed the plastic behind it and it did slide easier, but it will only slide if you put pressure on it. no "flicking it" and it'll move.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
This other thread might not be as visible, being where it is:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/22898-slider-slightly-loose.html

The question I asked there is: Does your phone make clicking noises when touching the screen on the half of the screen indicated in the screenshot? (portrait mode, left half of screen)

For those whose previous phone was loose....was this the reason for the return?
If enough have no noise I guess I'll bring it in and swap it out again. It is good to hear that if the slider is firm it stays that way. There doesn't seem to be a concern it will act up 1.5 years from now.

Mine does n ot make that click you asked about. You might want to look into that and maybe exchange your phone if that click gets worst.

cuskit

Reaction score
Having rarely using my slider - it's obviously still tight as a drum - clicks into position securely. Also left the plastic on (if it ain't broke don't fix it being my mantra) which does show two lines, though not very deep. On occasion, pulling the Droid out of my pocket (sometimes a difficult thing with the "grippy" gel cover on) I'll slightly open the keyboard. No problem - certainly no complaints from this owner! I keep saying "I gotta start using the slide out keyboard" to myself, but just feel so comfortable with the virtual keyboard I forget it's there! :) mikey

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Mines still tight. I don't use the pull out keyboard much, it' hard to type with. I can type the h*ll outta my BB tour keyboard but I outrun even that with swype on my Droid.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moz-screenshot.png

I'll more info to the clicking and easier-sliding on this second phone

It clickety-clacks when taping the screen in the red area below.
If I hold the phone up I can see daylight between the two pieces of the phone thaqt slide together, but can pinch them together and block light out. These two pieces are doing the clicking as they meet. (I borrowed the below image that Pyroid added to the other thread) . It is very subtle, yet there.
I agree with arty2hottie, that if it gets worse I'll bring it back. I suspect that it won't though, that the gap is just there due to how this particular one was put together.

milestone.jpg