How is BetterCut?

tu3218

Reaction score
For those who have this, is it worth it? Do the icon themes offer a good change and just overall would you recomend this. I just got a new theme(flavor ice) and some new icons would be nice.

The Rick

Reaction score
Yes, I love it
here is a screenshot
snap20100411_203926.png

I have changed it up quite a bit since then but you get the idea

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
oh yeah that looks good. Now does bettercut actually offer themes or is that just the application that allows the use of the other themes that show up in the marketplace when I search bettercut. Also, is it easy to change the icons?

The Rick

Reaction score
oh yeah that looks good. Now does bettercut actually offer themes or is that just the application that allows the use of the other themes that show up in the marketplace when I search bettercut. Also, is it easy to change the icons?

they don't do themes from what I can tell. its pretty simple to get icons, just search icons in the market and you will get tons of hits

The Rick

Reaction score
I'm confused. I downloaded bettercut an a theme. Now what do I do to apply the icons?

longpress on space on screen
select shortcut
bettercut
activity
pick an icon on your home screen (you might need to clear some space to get it to work properly, it doesn't pick ones out of your app drawer)
change icon
pick from either a picture or icon pack you download
change name if desired
hit save
you now have a shiney new icon :icon_ banana:

papy72

Reaction score
I've seen so many good things said about Bettercut but I just couldn't make it work. Don't quote me on this but I think it doens't work (well) with all the various home replacement apps. At least that was my experience with GDE. YMMV.

If you want to look at other options check out Folder Organizer. I have the full version of this and it works very well.

drummerq

Reaction score
my question is weather or not there is any lag while opening an app.

like when i click on contacts it opens write up. Well with bettercut and the shortcut will this simple task take longer. And is so how much.

knightfall

Reaction score
Hi everyone my first time posting, I have a question I'm using bettercut to create icons but having a problem finding the short cut for vibrate mode. Beautiful widget has that mode but I cant find it any where, if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
One of the few apps I have paid for. And worth it. I am not rooted so without Bettercut my screens would be a little boring. With Bettercut and Helix I have my screens pretty much the way I want. I have just recently started making my own icons as well.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
One of the few apps I have paid for. And worth it. I am not rooted so without Bettercut my screens would be a little boring. With Bettercut and Helix I have my screens pretty much the way I want. I have just recently started making my own icons as well.

very cool. any recommendations for icon packs I should download? Is it hard to make your own icons btw.

RedBull

Reaction score

very cool. any recommendations for icon packs I should download? Is it hard to make your own icons btw.

Not sure about how hard it is to make them...or if it's a PITA, but here is a link to a thread of a bunch of custom icons. The guy who made them won't be doing anymore updates, but it's a great start and covers a lot. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/28538-customized-ibox-icons-matth3w.html

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
first off yes you can go back to your original icon. you just drag the icon into the trash and then put it back on homescreen. It shows up as stock icon again.

@papy the problem you are experiencing is because you have to put the icons you want to show up on your home replacement scfreen on the native homescreen.

In other words go back to your stock screen and for demo purposes only lets say you only want 2 icons.

place those 2 icons on the homescreen then choose your homereplacement as default homescreen. Go into Bettercut and change those 2 icons. Your done : )

Those 2 icons will now be changed. If you dont place them on your default home you wont be able to change them on your homereplacement screen.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk