How is BetterCut?

RedBull

Reaction score
@papy the problem you are experiencing is because you have to put the icons you want to show up on your home replacement scfreen on the native homescreen.

In other words go back to your stock screen and for demo purposes only lets say you only want 2 icons.

place those 2 icons on the homescreen then choose your homereplacement as default homescreen. Go into Bettercut and change those 2 icons. Your done : )

Those 2 icons will now be changed. If you dont place them on your default home you wont be able to change them on your homereplacement screen.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cereal...is this also true when dealing with the Helix Launchers as well? I need to use my normal home screens, set my icons up, then default to my Helix launcher and change with Better Cut? I've had a few issues with Better Cut, and overall it's nice...but still...have had some problems.

papy72

Reaction score
@papy the problem you are experiencing is because you have to put the icons you want to show up on your home replacement scfreen on the native homescreen.

In other words go back to your stock screen and for demo purposes only lets say you only want 2 icons.

place those 2 icons on the homescreen then choose your homereplacement as default homescreen. Go into Bettercut and change those 2 icons. Your done : )

Those 2 icons will now be changed. If you dont place them on your default home you wont be able to change them on your homereplacement screen.
Makes sense. Sadly I'm a lazy git, and jumping through those hoops just to edit some icons seems too much like real work. FolderOrganizer is so much easier and works with any replacement screen.

ricks

Reaction score
Ok I just bought Bettercut, and now I need to add my icon that will allow me to make calls. How do I find this?

hookerdj

Reaction score
first off yes you can go back to your original icon. you just drag the icon into the trash and then put it back on homescreen. It shows up as stock icon again.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
hey thanks from b4 those ones you gave me were sick you still have that link where they were all at?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok I just bought Bettercut, and now I need to add my icon that will allow me to make calls. How do I find this?

-Open Bettercut
-Click new shortcut
-Click activity
-Scroll down to phone